Top 5 Essential Oils for Arthritis Pain Relief
on 5/2/16 11:44 pm
- Ginger essential oil: Ginger is a flowering plant, and it is the root (rhizome) that is used. It is an amazing healing plant because of its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties making it a go-to remedy for many gastrointestinal issues, including gas and bloating. The anti-inflammatory properties are what help ease the swelling and joint pain associated with arthritis.
- 2. Peppermint essential oil: Peppermint really is a magical herb that eases so many issues, from headaches to tummy troubles. The menthol found in the leaves has anti-inflammatory properties and will ease pain and reduce inflammation. But mix it with a carrier oil (jojoba or almond are gentle and most commonly used) before applying topically, because peppermint is very strong and can irritate the skin.
- 3. Orange essential oil: Orange also has anti-inflammatory properties which makes it an excellent choice for reducing pain and swelling associated with arthritis. Orange is a mood energizer, and it smells great, to boot. Diffuse this one for the added boost in mood, and add a few drops to a carrier oil and rub it into sore joints.
- 4. Rosemary essential oil: Rosemary is ranked as one of the best oils to use for arthritis because of its analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties. It will help promote circulation.
- 5. Marjoram essential oil: Marjoram is wonderful for bringing relief to stiff joints because it has calming properties. Make sure to not apply it to any broken or damaged skin, because it can be an irritant.
on 1/26/21 11:28 am, edited 1/27/21 10:00 am
Great suggestions as my arthritis pain has become worse in the last few months. Thanks for the great input. It's great that sounds like yours promote alternative ways to deal with such a condition instead of just pushing for medication that is known to have long-term negative effects for your body. Considering that, I also find a lot of comfort when it comes to medically approved marijuana edibles specially if they come from sources that I can trust. The effects are great, and I do enjoy eating gummy bears and feeling better without so much pain in my daily life.