Hello - New Member

meontheweb
on 10/25/18 11:32 am - New Westminster, BC, Canada

Hi - Thanks for the information; that was pretty quick! I saw my family doctor yesterday and he said that the wait in Victoria or Richmond is 2-3 years, and closer to the 3-year mark. If they've added another area, hopefully it shortens the wait for everyone.

Also found this, very interesting. I'm not sure if this Dr. Zentner is the same as the one you have been referred to - https://globalnews.ca/video/1664280/gastric-bypass-surgery-t o-treat-type-2-diabetes

Metamorph1959
on 12/25/18 12:45 am

Yup. That's the Ali Zentner mentioned above. She left the Victoria program in April, I think, and is running this "Fraser Valley" program now, but I haven't been able to find out anything about it. Mind you, as my wait time is becoming shorter (I have been to Victoria but may hold out for Richmond) and Dr. Zentner and I parted on less than amicable terms, I'll stick with what I'm doing. And I really like the doctor (Dr. Pewarchuk) *****placed her and now runs the Victoria program. It's funny -- Zentner is a low-carb, high-protein, don't-worry-about-the-saturated-fat advocate, and Pewarchuk advocates for a vegan diet. I'll only say that Zentner's advice did not work for me.

Most Active