Left over Turkey

Motown's Finest
on 12/3/08 4:54 am - MI
I made a big pot of Turkey Soup, this shyte is good.. You know me I like to cook enough that I don't have to cook for 3 days max.. My sister was telling me to make a Turkey Pot Pie..  To much work for me.. then she said Turkey salad..

I just took my leftover turkey and cut it up in small chunks added a bag of frozen veggies and cut up some celery,onions and bellpepper in kind of big chunks.. added some Egg noodles,dropped some chicken  Boullion cubes in it and made some Jiffy mix cornbread...
"Criticism like rain should be gentle enough to nourish man"      
" I'm Motown's Finest and I approve this message"   
mstanyat
on 12/3/08 5:28 am
that sounds pretty good. Whew what I wouldnt do for some cornbread. I'm on my 2nd week of full liquids post-op. save me a bowl...lol

Highest weight 302...Current weight...183
an official member of "The Onederland Club"

Motown's Finest
on 12/3/08 5:50 am - MI
I'll save you some broth, and a few cornbread crumbs.. Stick with your liquids you will be fine..
SistahGirl
on 12/3/08 5:50 am - Pueblo, CO
That sounds good!  I'll make that next week!  I put a little heavy cream in mine, just to make it creamier (which is why I had to have WLS, huh?  LOL)

I made turkey salad for today, and then I got a fill in my band this morning, so I'm on liquids for 24 hours, then mushies!  I can't eat my salad until Friday! 

A woman's heart must be so hidden in GOD that a man must first seek GOD in order to find her"    

Trish

Motown's Finest
on 12/3/08 5:53 am - MI
What kind of cream?? I'll do Turkey salad  or Pot Pie next week lol I've gotten so lazy when it comes to cooking.. You can use potatoes in the palce of the egg noodles it will still taste  good.
SistahGirl
on 12/3/08 6:09 am - Pueblo, CO
Heavy whipping cream!  I keep a pint in the fridge to kick up some recipes! 

Now adding some potatoes sounds REALLY good!  My hubby is starting to complain about the whole wheat egg noodles and pasta and shiot....  LOL

A woman's heart must be so hidden in GOD that a man must first seek GOD in order to find her"    

Trish

Kim B.
on 12/3/08 7:26 pm - OH
I made turkey salad last night.....Mmmmmmm!

The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate. - Oprah Winfrey

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 165 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1112 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 1985 views