Happiness?

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/08 9:08 am

So were you at all happy with your life before surgery? Since wls is mostly mental it seems if you where not happy before wls it seems that you will not be happy afterwards. From the few months that I have been on the boards it has occured to me the majority of unhappy people before wls are still unhappy. The people that were happy just wanted to become healthier seem to still be happy. Please tell me about your experience.  I am happy now but I know wls will only increase my happiness.

# 1 MACK_MAMA
on 12/3/08 9:11 am, edited 12/3/08 9:12 am
Ahhhh, grasshopper.  You have discovered da secret...... WLS is ONLY physical!!!!!  LMAO

So many mofos think life will be perfect if they were just thin - not realizing that if you are a fat, mean, unhappy, nasty mofo before - you only get to take the 'fat' off that description with WLS and a lotta work!!!!

I was unhappy - but along with the work I did with WLS, I did a lot of INSIDE work too.  I knew thin wasn't the only thing TRINA needed to work on, WLS was just ONE tool that got me to where I am physically AND emotionally today. 

I'd say you hit the nail RIGHT on the head!!!!!

ETA:  Now, go catch a fly with some chopsticks!!!  Like Karate Kid and **** no wait - WAX MY CAR!!!!!

I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions!  I'm saving on the newsstand price.......

Check out my dating mis - adventures at: http://1macdatinggame.blogspot.com/

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/08 9:16 am
Thanks Trina
Wax on wax off
Tiffany G.
on 12/3/08 9:22 am
I was unhappy with my weight and the physical toll it was starting to take on my body.  The final few weeks before surgery, I was downright miserable.  I didn't want to go anywhere or do anything or see anyone.  But it was all weight related.  In every other area of my life, I was pretty happy.  Home, work, friends, etc.  I'm very happy now.

I think you are right.  Surgery will not solve all your problems.  But if it's your weight that is the main issue, it does help with that.
~*Tiffany*~ my DS

mstanyat
on 12/3/08 9:23 am
I wont lie, I wasn't completely happy before surgery. However the part that i was not happy with was my weight, everything was good. I am one of the ones that falls into your "just want to become happier" category. I think that if you are a train wreck before you'll be one after. My surgeon told me the story of one of his  patients that was called fat and other names by her spouse before her surgery, so she thought having it would change things, and when she lost 100 plus pounds she was still suffering from depression because her husband found something else to ridicule her about. She had the surgery but never got rid of the problem.

Highest weight 302...Current weight...183
an official member of "The Onederland Club"

ATL Diva 2009
on 12/3/08 9:29 am - Lawrenceville, GA
I wasn't happy with myself before surgery but I wasn't happy with my life in gneral and begin to take back control over my life and one of the areas I had allowed to get out of control was my weight. I did some soul searching, praying, and therapy visits before surgery so reallyy the weight being gone is the final transfrormation that is evident to those looking out.  I THOUGH T I was happy before but I also was thin most of my life so unlike a lot of people on the board I knew what thin felt like and knew my emotional eating had been a major factor in getting me here.  I tell EVERYONE get a therapist and go to support groups locally and stay with BAF afterwards.

I never thought I would be as happy as I am now even with all the shyt that may go on in my life I know that I've done good by the onething I can control which is me.

HW 299/PS 286/CT 155 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
)

Kathleen T.
on 12/3/08 2:59 pm
I've been unhappy for a long time it was all due to all the weight I gain thru the years.
Since the weight lost I've found a NEW me. and I'm  finally happy again.  I too knew what being small was about going thru school and finishing at 105 and marrying a 108. I didn't like myself at all didn't not know what self esteem(SP?) was until I lost it.  Highest weight was 305(thru the years) at surgery it was 237 I'm One foxy GRANDMOTHER AT LEAST I THINK SO.
"A Man's heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps. 
Proverb 16:9
May not be where I want to be but I glad to be where I'm at.
Working at getting the rest of the way.

12/10/2012 I'll be having LBL, BL/BA, thigh & arm lift, eyelid
Body by Dr. Sauceda    booked to 12/9--12/22
Faith *
on 12/3/08 8:10 pm
I was somewhat happy prior to WLS.  My self-confidence level has increased over time since WLS.  I make everyday a happy one because of the following:

1.  I am blessed to have had the opportunity to have WLS.
2.  I am able to provide for my sons.
3.  I have a great job.
4.  I volunteer and give back to my community every opportunity that I get.

I always try to remember the words in this song and it makes me feel so blessed and happy....

I've had some good days
I've had some hills to climb
I've had some weary days
And some sleepless nights

But when I look around
And I think things over
All of my good days
Outweigh my bad days
I won't complain

Sometimes the clouds are low
I can hardly see the road
I ask a question, Lord
Lord, why so much pain?
But he knows what's best for me
Although my weary eyes
They can't see
So I'll just say thank you Lord
I won't complain

The Lord
Has been so good to me
He's been good to me
More than this old world or you could ever be
He's been so good
To me

He dried all of my tears away
Turned my midnights into day
So I'll just say thank you Lord
I've been lied on
But thank you Lord
I've been talked about
But thank you Lord
I've been misunderstood
But thank you Lord
You might be sick
Body reeking with pain
But thank you Lord
The bills are due
Don't know where the money coming from
But thank you Lord
Thank you Lord
Thank you Lord
I want
I want to thank God
Has been so good to me
He's been good to me
More than this old world or you could ever be
He's been so good
He's been so good
He's been so good 
So good
To me
He dried all of my tears away
Turned my midnight into day

People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. ~Author Unknown

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 180 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1125 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2011 views