You have a pretty face...

GorgeousIsa
on 12/4/08 1:18 am - Philly-delphia, PA
OMG...That is my biggest pet peeve as a "big girl". Why not just say she/he is pretty/handsome... What is your pet peeve...I have 2 many to name them all
HIGH-294CURRENT-151 GOAL-150LBS GONE-143LBS 2 GO-1 (Last weigh in 7/14)   Platics Done: Breast Reduction (5/14) Extended Tummy Tuck w/ Anchor & Brachioplasty (5/29)
Faith *
on 12/4/08 1:20 am
One of my pet peeves is when someone says that WLS is the easy way out!

People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. ~Author Unknown

GorgeousIsa
on 12/4/08 1:24 am - Philly-delphia, PA
Going through the process emotionally and physically I can say that WLS is definitely the hardest thing I have EVER done.
HIGH-294CURRENT-151 GOAL-150LBS GONE-143LBS 2 GO-1 (Last weigh in 7/14)   Platics Done: Breast Reduction (5/14) Extended Tummy Tuck w/ Anchor & Brachioplasty (5/29)
(deactivated member)
on 12/4/08 1:25 am - BALTIMORE, MD

I whole heartedly agree with both of the pet peeves listed so far. I also would like to add i hate people assuming that you have no social life because you're a big girl. Folks used to call and ask me stupid stuff like can i wait for some delivery person all day on a Saturday.

Faith *
on 12/4/08 1:34 am
WTH???...Folks used to call and ask me stupid stuff like can i wait for some delivery person all day on a Saturday. 

My "so called friends" used to call me to go out with them all the time.  I was the "big girl" that made their little narrow azzes feel better about themselves. I don't receive any calls from them now and that is okay.  Since I've lost weight, I have called  them on several occasions (not since over a year ago) to go out and they would find every excuse in the book to not go.  I had to learn that every friend wasn't a true friend.  I also had to realize that I was no longer the "big girl" and that I might possibly be competition to them now.

People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. ~Author Unknown

GorgeousIsa
on 12/4/08 1:41 am - Philly-delphia, PA

I had old friends who told me:

- I would not finish college

- When I moved from the hood they stopped speaking to me

- When I lost weight on my own they were this and that

And now I am happy to say that I have a group of friends that I would not trade in for anything..My BFF (size 6) suggested I get the surgery and she is more hype than I am.

It Is What It Is!!!
on 12/4/08 3:17 am - Boston, MA
I feel you there Faith!  Beacause there is NOTHING easy about WLS...  If it where so, I wouldn't be struggling to reach my goal and get these last 20 pounds off!!!!   Makes me mad to hear people say that.... Including Oprah!  She always has something negative to say about WLS...  But I still watch her.... LOL
Faith *
on 12/4/08 3:30 am
This is one thing that I disagree with Oprah on. I have sent several letters and photos.  IMO, she might wish that she could have WLS but since she has bad mouth it sooooo much, she won't do it.  I still  watch her show sometimes too.  I think we should inundate Harpo Studios with before/after photos and WLS success stories.
It Is What It Is!!!
on 12/4/08 3:37 am - Boston, MA
I totally agree!  Let me know when you are planning on it, I'm down.....  We've got to stand up to Oprah!!! LOL
Dimple Donna
on 12/4/08 8:03 am - Chicago, IL
Hey Faith,

About 4 years ago, Oprah had a show about weight loss - by any means.  My co-worker and I sent our before/after photos in (we were looking mighty fierce, trust)...ain't heard a word from Oprah...ever!

She has NEVER advocated WLS...even when she interviewed Barbara Walters and they talked about Star Jones lying about having surgery...she was negating the surgery.  And now, look at her...big again...oh but wait, she said it was due to a thyroid problem, didn't she?  YEAH, RIGHT!

Inundating Harpo Studios with before/afters won't matter...she ain't budging!

JMHO...
I choose to love myself, live life to the fullest, and encourage others to liberate themselves!
263.jpg image by DimpleDonna228.jpg image by DimpleDonna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 177 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1122 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2004 views