X Post from Yesterday: Pain on left side of stomach going towards the back!

lbenavides1010
on 12/3/08 10:37 pm - Ridgewood, NY
Well I went to the ER yesterday.  When the Doc pressed on both sides of the stomach there was no pain.  I told them that when I pressed there was nothing but when I started to walk or stand up I felt it.
Well all they did was take some urine test and everything came out normal! Thank God for that. But I am surprised they didn't do a sono or any bloodwork.
Then this other nurse comes in and tries to give me some Mallox and a pill for for like acid of the stomach (I'm sorry I forgot the name) But now I am like: I am not complaining of any indigestion or acid reflux.  Anyway I took it; and no it did not make me feel better. However they did give me pain killers which did.... lol
I will go see my pcp next week.  Hopefully it is just a muscle strain or something.
Thanks everyone for your well wishes.

LEESA

Kim B.
on 12/3/08 10:48 pm - OH
Please don't hesitate to go back for more tests if the pain comes back.  It's good that they gave you pain meds, but that only masks it. 
Hoping it is something minor like a pulled muscle.

The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate. - Oprah Winfrey

mstanyat
on 12/3/08 11:13 pm
 I would call my PCP and ask hem to write me an order just incase it comes back before your appointment with him. That way you can take the order to the hospital without going through the E.R. setting again. I dont know if  he would do it or not but that's how we do it at the office/hospital where i work... just a suggestion, anyway i am glad u feel better....

Highest weight 302...Current weight...183
an official member of "The Onederland Club"

lbenavides1010
on 12/4/08 2:35 am - Ridgewood, NY
Thanks Mama.  I will call and see if he will do that.
What a great idea.

LEESA

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 165 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1112 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 1985 views