Georgia Folks..help please!

Shirley E.
on 12/4/08 8:19 pm - Lexington Park, MD
I will be in Augusta this weekend for my uncles wedding and we will be staying near Gordon Hwy.  Need some good places to shop and to eat at.  Thanks in advance for your help!

Start/Current/Goal ~ 373.5/230/180

"Faith can give us the courage to face the uncertainties of the future"  Martin Luther King, Jr.

(deactivated member)
on 12/4/08 9:50 pm - Georgia Peach, MD
Hey Shirley!

I'm in Augusta.

We only have one "inside" mall and several strip malls.  The Augusta mall is on Wrightsboro Rd and is very nice.  There, you can find most of your favorite stores.  Dillard's, Macy's, JC Penney's, and Sears are the anchor stores.  We also have NY&Co, Express, Abercrombie and Fitch, Coach, AE, Ann Taylor and Ann Taylor Loft, Cache, Nine West, Aldo, and a huge Borders Book Store.  Plus, much more.  To the right of the mall is a strip mall that houses TJ Maxx, Ross, and some other stores.  To the left of the mall, you will find Burlington and Cititrends.  All of this is on Wrightsboro Rd.

I'm not sure what you like to eat, but on the outside of the Mall is PF Changs and Chop House.  If you want to drive a little, you can dine at one of my favorites.....California Dreaming located on Washington Rd.  There are many restaurants and shopping venues on Washington Rd. If you want some "hood" eating, go to Maryland's Fried Chicken located on Broad Street (the hood side of downtown).

Over where you are staying is my "spot," Club Velvet.  It is on Gordon Hwy close to Fort Gordon.  That's where a lot of soldiers hang out (lol).

Don't forget to go downtown Augusta and view the beautiful statue of the Godfather of Soul, Mr. James Brown.  There is also a very nice and cozy river walk...you can look across the water into South Carolina.

If you need anything, please send me an email to [email protected]

Shirley E.
on 12/5/08 1:01 am - Lexington Park, MD
Thanks alot Ms. Cookie!

Sorry it took so long to responded, just trying to get myself together for the trip.  I just can't wait to get there to explore and see the sites.  You said Club Velvet huh.....I's married, but it can't hurt to look... lol.  Thanks again!

Start/Current/Goal ~ 373.5/230/180

"Faith can give us the courage to face the uncertainties of the future"  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 165 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1113 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 1989 views