Unsung

Her Royal Flyness
on 12/4/08 9:21 pm
Is anyone watching this?  I was watching the episode about Donnie Hathaway and while I've always known he committed suicide, I never knew how or anything beyond that, so of course I was unaware that he was a paranoid schizophrenic.  Apparently suicide is the leading cause of death among paranoid schizophrenics, but if the disease causes the people who suffer from it to think, feel, do and say things they otherwise wouldn't, can it really be called suicide?  Am I thinking too hard?

Beyond that, who knew DeBarge had so much going on?  I'm loving this show, can't wait to see the one on Phyllis Hyman.

It is never too late to be what you might have been

~George Eliot
Ms. Praise
on 12/4/08 9:26 pm - MD
Morning lady...I haven't seen the one on Donnie Hathaway...but baby that Phyllis Hyman one is so moving.  Girl...I watched it last night and the one about the Clark Sisters.  I love this show.
Her Royal Flyness
on 12/4/08 9:37 pm
yes, the Clark sisters one was good too, but I really wish they'd profiled the "fallen sister" more.  I'm left wondering what she went on to do.  (with my nosey thinkin too hard self)  I had to go to sleep on Phyllis last night and DVR it, but I have always felt that she was "unsung"  beautiful voice, great music.  Immitation of Life does nothing for me, but throw on "Meet me on the moon"?  Baby BYE! 

~George Eliot
Ms. Praise
on 12/4/08 9:42 pm - MD
I enjoyed the Clark Sister's episode and I too was left wondering what happened to the "fallen sister".

Wait until you see Phyllis...baby...OMG it'll have you in tears and yeah...Meet Me On The Moon...one of my FAVORITE songs.
Kim B.
on 12/4/08 9:30 pm - OH
I've seen the commercials and always forget to look to see when it's on.
Gonna have to make a point to watch it now.

The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate. - Oprah Winfrey

LiL-Ray78
on 12/4/08 9:32 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
What station carries this show?  Is it like a behind the music type show?

Her Royal Flyness
on 12/4/08 10:11 pm
I believe it's TV1.  It's basically a behind the music specifically on artists who never got as big as their talent deserved.

~George Eliot
donnieboy
on 12/4/08 9:33 pm
Morning ladies, i missed the one on my man Donny but i did see the Phyllis Hyman epsiode.. Hell i got flashbacks of blue light basement parties when i heard her remake of Betcha By Golly Wow.. at 6:00 am this morning, i was downstairs in my basement digging into a cardboard box looking for my best of Phyllis CD.. I found it..I also found my favoritte Luther cut.."Anyone WHo Ever Loved".. it's on now..
Kim B.
on 12/4/08 9:41 pm - OH
best of Phyllis CD  I LOVED that CD!
I used to go see her everytime she was in town for concerts...one of my all time favorite ladies!

The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate. - Oprah Winfrey

TheJuice
on 12/4/08 10:05 pm - Frozenville, MN
Hey QT,

I love that series, it's like a "Behind The Music" or "True Hollywood Stories"....

but for Black folk.  I Tivo them, and I've only seen the DeBarge one.  Thry didn't age too well.  Bunny was my favorite or course.  The rest was just some wavy head high voiced light skinned punks.  I didn't know Bobby DeBarge was such a monster though.

Don't you hate when it's getting all good, and than them dayum commercials come on.....glad I can Zip thru on on the DVR.  I really want to see the Phyliss Hyman one. Man she was FIONE!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 165 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1112 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 1985 views