freaking out!!

Mslayd02 aka Mrs.
Big_Cle

on 3/30/11 12:13 pm - Durham, NC

Haven't been here in a while and thought it was time for me to head back to my roots. I am coming up on my 3 year anniversary and I have gained 29 lbs. I am starting to freak out cause it seems like every time I get on the scale I have gained one more pound. Whats really going on???  Looking for some comforting words.....a kick in the butt....some suggestions....SOMETHING. I need to get this 29 lbs off plus the extra 9 I need to loose to get to my goal!!

MSW will not settle
on 3/30/11 9:51 pm

Ah, ahemmm ...  we know it happens. We also know why it happens. 
Just how far have you strayed from the basics?  What do you do when clothes get a little snug?  What size do you buy when you notice you lowest sizes in your usual brands don't fit as well? 

You've been away so long I had to squint to remember who you are.    Now for your @$$ kicking:  You have gained over 300% of your remaining weightloss to reach goal.  At a steady two pounds a week you will be back to dieting like a yo-yoing no op for the next 19 weeks.   That's nearly 5 months as compared to the month and change for that last nine pounds.  End @$$ kicking here. 

So, ok you know this.  TELL THE WHOLE TRUTH AND BE ACCOUNTABLE!  Daily.  Get on fatsecret.com, myfitnesspal.com, livestrong.com, or one of the dozens of other free sites and track your food and exercise.  Know your daily calorie deficit and get rid of the daily calorie surplus that's returning you to being fat.  Don't buy another thing in a bigger size if you ever want to get back where you were and to goal. 

What's really going on you ask?  Barring a physiological reason for weight gain you already have the answer.  With few exceptions, accountability is still posted on BAF every day.  If it does not go up then put it up there yourself.  Same with moving to loose; its up almost daily and you are welcome to post it if you do not see it. 

Be it here or elsewhere get back to your support system.  Welcome back to our BAF family. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

Mslayd02 aka Mrs.
Big_Cle

on 3/31/11 1:51 am - Durham, NC
You are right and thats why I am back, for the support I should have never walked away from.

LEE
on 3/31/11 12:32 am

I totaly remember you,  what you did was you got thin started feeling yourself, got fancy thinking you could eat a bunch of **** and whamo your jeans are tight and you done gained back a bunch of weight.   Oh wait, that would be me.  LOL

Well you know what you have to do, you know dam well why you gained 39 pounds, and you know where to go for support, now comes the hardest part,  Now you need to do it.   Don't let that 39 turn into 49 and so on.  

We are still here, well a few of us at least and we will be here to support you in your struggle because it's our struggle as well.

WELCOME HOME.

Salty Pickle a.k.a.  Lee
Mslayd02 aka Mrs.
Big_Cle

on 3/31/11 1:59 am - Durham, NC
LOL...NO Lee that was me too. (me rationing with myself) Oh yeah I can have a little of that and a little of that turned into a lot of that. Just had to go buy new jeans last weekend, because I only had 1 comfortable pair. But I am serious I am going back to basics.

dstgirl2000
on 3/31/11 4:05 am
I remember you also.  We have the same surgeon.  I'm not saying anything though..........Because I'm a year behind you, and am waiting for the ball to drop on me!  I have it in my head that at the 3-year mark, it's all going to flip on me and I will begin to gain!  I surpassed all my goals and have managed to maintain for a year now.  Thus far I haven't experienced a gain, but I'm not sitting in judgement.  Getting back to basics is a good start.  I wish you well.

J

Mslayd02 aka Mrs.
Big_Cle

on 3/31/11 6:57 am - Durham, NC
DSTGIRL you will be fine. The 3 year isnt the curse, its the laziness and thinking surgery is magic that messes you up.

Kathleen T.
on 3/31/11 4:03 pm, edited 3/31/11 4:04 pm

I hope when you get back to the basic you're successful at getting your weight back down . We all need a but kicking sooner are later. I only keep size 10 and 12 jeans when the 10's getting to tight. I have to go to the 12 but don't stay there long. Just found 5lbs no way it to hot to have these extra lbs. I'm going on 4yrs this JULY and 56yrs old and will not see the extra lbs. Would like to have the 5 off and extra 5 to go with that. I feel to GREAT TO MAKE A BIG MISTAKE>
Maybe 56 but feel like 30 something Here to you and your back to success.

mel1964
on 4/1/11 2:00 am
well come back, i have an rny buddy who had surgery around the same time and she had a baby!! she gained a whole person and a tax credit!! hey life happens, its never too late to get back on track!

Kim B.
on 4/4/11 10:47 pm - OH
Hey there! How's my favorite BAF couple doin?

No azz kicking from me....I need it too!

We all know the drill...BACK TO BASICS!  I'm right there with ya!

The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate. - Oprah Winfrey

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 180 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1125 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2011 views