Sharing (Old Schooler)

demi
on 6/19/11 11:36 pm - My Town, WI
I am not a stranger to this board although I don't post much but I do read a lot.  I felt the need to post today just to share a bit with you about my challenges.  I thought I was doing very well at one time and I stop taking my vitamins and protein.  Well that's the wrong to do.  I started have complication with my vitamin D levels and my B-12 also with hair lose and excessive weight gain.  I was at the doctor's office almost every wee****il I was able to get my levels back up to where they needed to be.  According to my doctor OUR Vitamin D levels should be at 45 and OUR B-12 should be at 180 but my  Vitamin D was at 10 and my B-12 was at 97.  I was giving a prescription strength Vitamin D of 50,000 IU which I had to take for 2 months and a 2000 IU which was over the counter. I also had to take 1500 mg of calcium plus Vitamin D chewable.  I am happy to report my level is at 78  and my B-12 is at 191 now because I took and got myself back on track with my Vitamins and as for my protein I don't like the taste of the shakes so I eat lots of foods high in protein and those levels where good as well.  My hair is growning back and I have started losing the weight again. 

PLEASE TAKE ALL YOUR VITAMINS AND EAT YOUR PROTEIN.  Because believe me you will feel the different if you don't.  I thank God I was giving another chance to do it right.   

Demi   295/184/160
"It's not about being better than anyone else, but about being better than I used to be."

pokerchips
on 6/20/11 7:59 am
Thanks for sharing.   I think we get lazy because at first everything is fine until the levels tank;."Well that's the wrong to do'. So so true Demi I'm glad you got a handle on it and have worked to get things back on track!

Change is a Process Not an Event

MSW will not settle
on 6/20/11 10:49 am

We see your story on every board.  That's why it deserves repeating. Thanks for the reminder to keep up with our follow up visita and lab work.  This diet is forever and that includes supplements and protein.  Thanks for sharing.  Glad things are looking up. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

Lifebeauty
on 6/20/11 1:26 pm

Demi it is good to here that your stats are up.  Though I have a band, vitamins are very important to me and are the one thing that I've been faithful in doing.  Being an older woman I have chosen to cut my hair this year but would never want to lose it.  Happy that yours hair is coming in and your weight is going out.  Take care and keep up the good work.
Z

With  I will succeed.
HW: 280 - LW: 190 - GW - 180  
Unfilled 8/15/11 - WT:  209
1st Fill 11/29/11 - WT: 215.5 - 3cc
2/20/12 - New Goal - Get n Onederland
2nd Fill 4/26/12 - WT: 224.0 - 3cc
Z

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 180 views