ROSE procedure

scdiva31
on 6/29/11 6:37 am - charlotte, NC
Hi everyone, it's been a long time since I posted on this forum. I was wondering if anyone's gotten the ROSE procedure done? I'm scheduled to have it done on the 15th but from the ressearch I've done it doesn't look like there's a lot of success from it. Hoping someone out there can give some feedback...

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new beginning"!!!
                        It is what it is............Demetis

www.myspace.com/dlavon2

gigilani
on 6/29/11 6:57 am
I've never heard of it, so I'll have to google it, but good luck.

HW:358/CW:242:GW:160
MSW will not settle
on 6/29/11 8:19 am
There is not a lot of experience with in the US.  You'll hear much negative critique on these boards; however, I have yet to hear that backed up by any facts.  The sources have been the least reliable posters.  Those who criticize any surgery other than the one they had while spouting mis information particularly where restrictive only procedures are concerned. 

This recent position statement by the ASMBS should be of interest to you.  In a nutshell, in the US it is considered investigational as there are too few studies to document its level of efectiveness. 

www.asmbs.org/Newsite07/resources/Gastric_Plication_Statemen t_3_8_11.pdf

There is a lot of information on the process itself but little information on outcomes as expressed in the staementlinked above.  It will be years before there are long term stats.  You will be among the pioneers for this procedure.  Its best feature as far as I know is no incisions.  How well the restriction functions for new wls patients and revisions is to be determined. 

Best of luck with your research. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

Zee Starrlite
on 7/1/11 6:20 am
Oh yeah, it is a flop!  it does not work.  You will do the post-op liquids and lose 20lbs and then gain it back.  There are too studies here in the US.  My doc did some of those trials.  I wi**** could work, but it does not.  Please don't waste you time, money, and break your heart.  Why would anyone do anything more aggresive if this procedure actually worked?

I wish you the very best,
Leila

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 180 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1125 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2011 views