Xpost Singles: About my first online dating experience/fiasco...

SleeveDivaNoire '11
on 7/5/11 2:33 am
I'm gonna try to condense this barely one-week fiasco as much as possible.  Ok, here goes:

Met utterly, breathtakingly handsome Portuguese-Italian guy on dating site.  I was attracted even more by the seemingly sincere msg he sent me.  He asked for my phone #; I gave my cell #.  He called as soon as the message was sent!  We talked for about an hour that day.  We texted the rest of the day.  He called each morning, and we texted throughout each day. 

He was a very open book.  A little crass sometimes, but nice nonetheless.  On day 1, he sent me more pics of himself.  Nice, right?  Except for the one in the buff after his shower!  I explained that I felt that was inappropriate.  He really didn't seem to get that, but he apologized anyway.  He also told me I should "loosen up" some. 

We had discussed visiting to meet each in person.  He suggested that we could split the cost of a flight ticket (friends with buddy passes, cost $250-350), as he lives in TX.  I was ok with that.  However, somewhere in the process, he decided I would be paying the whole fare since I was desperate to see his sexy self, being the "God's gift to women" that he is!  I went along with that in pretense.  He asked me to either wire the money or he'd give me his Bank of America acct # to deposit it in.  Each conversation mentioned the money because, at first, he needed to pay the friend for the ticket; then, it was because he had charged the $400 to his card and needed to pay it off.  (My sister is a flight attendant and it only costs $200-250!)  He never would say when he was coming.  He calmed down a little when I told him I'll pay it when he gets here.  He also told me I need to learn to trust people;  of course, he was coming as long as I was paying for the ticket, he said!

He told me he had some videos to send me of him at work, hanging with friends, etc.  Those never came.  On days 2-5, I got a video of him masturbating to a blown up pic of me from the website; a video of him performing oral sex on someone; and a video of him having regular sex with someone!  WTH!  This was all so I would know how good he could do it and know what I could expect!  WTFH!!!!  The fact that I was WAAYYY past offended and livid by these videos (and the fact that I didn't want to go to a strip club for our first meeting) was probably the reason I didn't have a man anyway, he told me. 

I asked him if I should expect to have sex and be videotaped on our first date.  He reminded me that we ARE both mature adults.  He also didn't seem to understand why I would object to being videotaped.  He reminded me that the women's faces were not shown, only his.  Yes, exactly what I wanted to see, my potential mate having sex with a faceless body.  YYaayy.

The final straw, as if the other wasn't enough, was when he asked me what my daughter looked like.  Other than that she is short and petite, I gave an opposite description of her.  He asked me if she was "straight-up slim" or "slim with curves"?  I stopped trying to explain anything after that.  I refused to even pick up the phone or return text messages after that.  So, he got upset about that.  He told me he was going to keep calling until I answered or he was gonna call my job.  (Mind you, I never told him where I work.)  He then told me he was flying in to Little Rock and renting a car to TN the next day because he needed to know what was going on.  I texted him that one last time, telling to save the trip and never to contact me again.  I haven't heard from him since then, thankfully.

It was after all that that I found a post made by his girlfriend, just 3 days prior, on a site called "dontdatehimgirl.com".  The girlfriend was responding to a negative post by another woman accusing this guy of sending perverted pics/videos to her.  The girlfriend accused that woman of posting lies due to being "rejected" by her faithful boyfriend.

That's the modified version of it!  Okay, I'm taking a breather before looking for the next one!

Khem  
AKA NotBaby_Fat
Ht 5'6"/HBMI: 50.8 /CBMI: 37.1
HW 315/SW 299.9/CW 230/GW 160

hershey dream
on 7/5/11 2:26 pm - Duluth, GA
 Whew girl, that was a doozy!    Be assured that they are not all crazy.  I have met some great guys via online dating websites.  

Be sure to be safe and nip it in the bud at the first inkling of crazy/weird.  

Life is not about making it through the storm....but learning how to dance in the rain.      
SleeveDivaNoire '11
on 7/5/11 2:32 pm
Yeah, I got a crash course in online dating with his laundry list of violations.  I'll learn from that, and try not to repeat that mistake!
AKA NotBaby_Fat
Ht 5'6"/HBMI: 50.8 /CBMI: 37.1
HW 315/SW 299.9/CW 230/GW 160

slimin08
on 7/5/11 3:16 pm
Enuf said. I can't believe it even went that far. I'm glad that you and your daughter came out of it okay.

gigilani
on 7/8/11 10:13 am
Thank God it didnt get worse than that.  I also had a bad online experience.  It could have been a lot worse, but all the dots never connected completely, so I was never 100% comfortable.  He ended up being a African scammer.  I even told him of my concerns & uncertainty, about how i suspected he was a Nigerian scammer, but he hadn't asked me for $$ (at that time), so I would continue to see how it went.  It wasn't 2 weeks later that he had an "emergency" come up & couldn't get $$ from anywhere & wanted me to send him 2,000.   I reminded him of that earlier convo & that he wouldn't be getting $$ from me.  I had spoken to him a couple of times. He had claimed he was American, raised in France, so that explained the french accent, so suspect  he was from Senegal or the Ivory coast. 

I chalked it up as a lesson learned.

HW:358/CW:242:GW:160
slimin08
on 7/12/11 8:52 am
I have a firm policy: I don't loan money to men. If they can't afford a date, they should be concentrating on getting financially stable. Too many relationships have ended over money.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 180 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1125 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2010 views