Here go to a new start

Blu-Diva
on 5/11/12 7:11 am - Hamilton, Canada
 I'm home wooo hooo,  thought I was gonna walk away when I was seated in there. But all and all everything went good, got the RNY I want and I was a little sleepy from the anesthesia. Pain is about a 6-7 on a scale of 10. I'm trying to not use it cause it make me sleep and not do the walking and sippin stuff that's gonna make me better. wow I did it I'm on the bench, now I want to walk more. 

Surgery date May 7 / 2012
Highest 312 lbs - Pre Op 297lbs - now 199 lbs
I know now that my location was never my destination.

Blu-Diva      

Thicklin
on 5/11/12 11:01 am - TN
VSG on 04/23/12
I'll dance to that... Welcome back! the pain will get better each day. Trust me! I'm the bestest baby there is. Its all down hill beside the minor side affects lol but its well worth it. Welcome back girl!!!!
Blu-Diva
on 5/12/12 10:06 am - Hamilton, Canada
 Yeah girl it s well worth it, Thank you.

Surgery date May 7 / 2012
Highest 312 lbs - Pre Op 297lbs - now 199 lbs
I know now that my location was never my destination.

Blu-Diva      

MSW will not settle
on 5/12/12 12:43 am
Wecome to the bench and congrats!  Keep walking and sipping.  When you are sitting for long periods, trace the alphabet tn the air with your feet every thirty minutes or so to keep the circulation moving.  Just like walking, it helps avoid clots. 

If you need the pain meds use them.  Why torture yourself?  Also, pain alerts you if something is wrong.  At 6-7 without meds, you may not be able to tell if the pain you are having becomes excessive. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

angenoire
on 5/14/12 1:17 am - NJ
RNY on 05/03/12
Congrats and welcome back. Take the meds you may not need them after two days. I took them the first two days after discharge and only at night. And haven't taken them since. Good luck to you.
Taking it one day at a time.    
LadyDee75
on 5/14/12 6:25 am - NC
Congrats!! The after pain was the worse for me too..but I'm good now just taking pain meds primarly at night during the day it's tolerable or can be managed w/ Tylenol or if I do too much b/c I'm ready to get this journey in full effect. Take it slow, one step at a time and don't over do it the first few days ( I'm still learning that)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 177 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1122 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2004 views