Weight gain

bossladycb
on 3/6/13 9:39 pm - fresno, CA
Hello all..
I'm almost 3 years out and have put on some weight..what have been ur experience with weight gain and some suggestions to reverse this downward spiral I'm on. Any suggestions will help.

I am a news conference...all others are just mere conversations! I'm That chic..yo mamma warned you about!!

dreamgirl31
on 3/6/13 10:07 pm

When even I experience weight gain I look back at my old journals. I then begin to do everything I did in the begin of my journey to reset my mind and body.EXERCISE and PROTEIN!  Just make sure you stay positive and have fun with it.

wendy T.
on 3/7/13 10:19 am - Milwaukee, WI

Ditto!

Kim B.
on 3/11/13 11:28 am - OH

Hi Wendy!

The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate. - Oprah Winfrey

wendy T.
on 3/11/13 12:18 pm - Milwaukee, WI

Hi Kim, it is always good to hear from you!!!

Frankie Lee
on 4/15/13 9:04 am - WI

hi kim!

Seek Heaven
"LADYbug-j" L
on 3/7/13 10:36 am - Laurel, MD
Hello,
I can relate to your battle. I am fighting the same one!! @ six yrs. post.op this month. As they say get back to basics and go from there. One pound at a time.
For me, it's been more than a slow loss, but I refuse to give up. I have come way to far, to go back to 350+ lbs.
But if I do not get ahold of it now???????? then who can I blame. Only my self.
I am not beating my self up too bad, because I have been making a honest effort and really trying. Just have to be patient with my self and the wt. loss.
Hang in there! Don't give up. For me, this will always be a lifetime batttle. But after having surgery, we have come to far.
Peace-jbug

"jbug"

Molly S.
on 4/24/13 3:36 pm - Chicago, IL

Hi Lady Bug!!  Remember me?  I am back and like you still struggling but NEVER giving up!!  We can do this!!  WAVING!!    So nice seeing a familiar face!!  On day at a time and one pound at a time!

HW 611  Pre-opW 580   LW 302  GW 238         

Kim B.
on 3/11/13 11:26 am - OH

I am also experiencing the same thing but, dealing with other issues to. The damn weight just sneaks back....before I knew it, the 155 lbs I had lost turned into just an 103 WL! I have started back pretty well with my eating, but exercise....SMH...is sooooooo hard for me to get back consistently.   I'm slow getting there...I know as soon as I can physically see some results, it will be on...LOL, but till then, SMH, I try my best to press on. I'm in a biggest loser contest at work and that's helping with the motivation. I also peek back in here, but it seems like a ghostown on the board now. So, I read over my profile journey and PRAY! 

We did this once, so we can do it again.....AND we will have the advantage of doing it WITH all the knowledge that we now, but didn't know then. 

The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate. - Oprah Winfrey

dstgirl2000
on 3/14/13 1:40 am

Hey BossLady.........We're about the same post-op.  I'm 3.5 years out from my RNY.  I have had great success, and have managed for the most part to keep it off.  So take my few words for what it's worth...Though I have experienced a few (10-15 lbs gain) just this past year.  I've managed to take that off too, mainly from portion control.....(Easier said than done I know)  Even though that's not a lot of re-gain, it still bothered me to watch those scales go up.

I've always been a strong believer in drinking my protein each day.  I still get it in religiously!  I increased my daily intake to drinking two 30 g shakes a day, and that really cut into my appetite.  I shoot for 100 grams a day.  I went back to eating from a saucer too and not going back for seconds.  I also made an effort to not eat anything after 7:00 pm, go to bed earlier so I wasn't awake to think of food.  I think the main thing that keeps me at goal is to be consistent and persistent with my schedule.  These are a few things that I live by and don't waver much on:

Eat breakfast EVERYDAY!....(This was a hard one for me to do, but it changed my metabolism and energy levels)

5:30 am  (I eat within the first 30 minutes from the time I wake up - Usually straight protein...i.e....boil egg white, deli turkey or chicken shavings, peanut butter or baked fish)

6:30 - 8:30 Get in my water, vits, meds......(My least favorite...:-)

8:30 am - Drink 30 g protein shake...(Costco Premier........18 for about $28.00........great price..........good taste)

10:30 am - Snack...(Almonds, protein bar, ...)

12:30 - Lunch.....I try to eat as big a lunch as I can earlier in the day (Salad with meat, meaty pasta dish and veggies, beaked salmon and veggies......Usually whatever leftovers from dinner...:-)

2:30 - Drink 30 g protein shake

4:30 - Healthy Snack (if I'm hungry)

6:30 - Dinner - (Salad with meat, meaty pasta dish and veggies, beaked salmon and veggies......Dessert sometimes........Maybe a glass of red wine...:-)

Now my downside...........Is getting in water!  I've always struggled with that.  I have a weakness for sweets.......and sometimes, not always........I go a little crazy at night snacking....

Of course exercise is the other component that's a must.  My choice is always walking.  I've been sidelined with injuries for the past year and unable to do so.  So I have to find another outlet and stop making excuses.

Bottom line is to get your mindset on doing something to bring about a positive change you desire.  We know how this works, but WE have to work IT!  Take control of your intake, get your body in motion (especially now that it's getting warmer), and journal your food and activities.  You'd be surprised to learn a lot of details about your habits and how you can correct the ones that sabotage your progress!

I hope this helps somehow!

Keep it moving!!

JJ

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 177 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1122 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2004 views