Protein Train

slimin08
on 1/12/14 2:03 pm

New year new me. Anybody remember the old protein train? I need to get rid of 30 gained after 100+ weight loss 5 years ago.

Thanks!!!!

Mrs_Desire _
on 1/13/14 6:04 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/18/13

Hey lady how have you been?

I would be interested in the "old" protein train myself. I thought I had it saved in my blog but I cannot find it.

Myfitnesspal: MsDesire​  - Revision from Realize Band Patient

Height: 5'10" HW: 305  SW: 298 Surg Goal: 195 Endo Goal: 165 

Charmaine C.
on 1/22/14 12:28 am - Columbus, OH

This is what I had save from 2008.

*Here are the rules for the protein train

The goal is to put your body in ketosis and burn fat. Therefore, you must STAY BELOW 20g of carbs PER DAY. Go to google.com to read about ketosis.

On this train ride, you CAN NOT eat:

- Bread of any kind (bagels, crackers, waffles, pancakes, toast, wheat bread, white bread, rye bread, pumpernickel, sourdough - you get the picture).
- Rice
- Potatoes (white or sweet)
- Flour
- Gravy
- Beans
- Sweets (cakes, pies, candy, cookies, M&M's or anything in this family)
- Fruit nor fruit juices
- Nuts (pecans, brazil nuts, walnuts, peanuts, hazelnuts or anything in this family)
- More than one (1) green, leafy, vegetable

You CAN eat:

- Any meat (read the labels because some meats have carbs)
- Jerky
- Eggs
- Cheese
- One green, leafy vegetable per day (collards, turnips, kale, spinach, romaine lettuce, bibb lettuce) ** BROCCOLI AND GREEN BEANS DO NOT FALL IN THIS CATEGORY **
- Protein shakes (read the labels)
- Protein bars (read the labels)
- As much water (or other SF, Sodium free, calorie free, caffeine free, carbonation free beverage) as you can hold.

Menu ideas for the protein train:
Breakfast ideas:

Egg and cheese omelet
Egg white omelet
Egg, cheese, and meat omelet
Boiled eggs
Turkey bacon (or beef or pork)
Chicken sausage (or turkey or beef or pork)
Decaf coffee with protein powder added

Snack Ideas:

Deli turkey slices with cheese rolls
Deli ham
Protein shakes
Pork rinds
Beef jerky
Turkey jerky
egg salad
Chicken Vienna sausage (or pork)

Lunch ideas:

Tuna salad
Chicken salad
Grilled chicken breast
Steak or steak and eggs
Turkey burger with cheese and mayo/mustard (or beef)
Ground turkey with melted velveeta cheese
Pork chop
Baked fish

Dinner ideas:
Cajun shrimp
All of the lunch ideas
Grilled chicken on a bed of romaine lettuce
Collard greens
Turnip greens
Kale
Mustard greens
Spinach
Rack of lamb
Veal
Lamb chops
Turkey chop
Roast beef (no gravy)
Chicken wings
Turkey wings
Chicken legs
Leaf lettuce salad

Oh, I forgot to add on the subject of research.....Eating breakfast is extremely important. I had to change the way I was doing things. I would normally drink protein shakes until lunch (not much of a breakfast eater). Now, I try to have breakfast not later than two hours after awakening. Research this.

I am healthier than I have ever been. I know that my "tool" is still with me and waiting for me to utlize it. If I have one my "eat everything in sight" days, I can always fall back on my tool. Isn't that beautiful? God is more than good! There is NOTHING that can be likened unto Him!

Well, dat's all folks (waving good-bye)! To Thine Own Self, Be True! Don't be like me, be better than me. Blessings.

Hello BAF....Here is some info I find on the web that I found very informative and helpful for us.

How to Fix Slow Metabolism

The human body is a funny thing. It’s VERY ADAPTABLE for survival. So when you give it less food, the result is a slow metabolism for survival purposes. That's why it is important to take a break from your diet (but stay in control of your food intake) and focus on eating healthy, balanced meals with exercise. This will prevent your metabolism from getting too slow.

Hundreds and thousands of years ago, when eating was a matter of survival, the body would protect itself by slowing down the rate that it burned calories (lower metabolism) to maintain weight. In modern society, we have the opposite problem of too much food, temptation and consequent weight gain.

Our bodies are designed for survival and less food is a threat to its survival. You must control the slow increase or decrease of food intake to successfully lose weight and keep it off. If you stop eating or skip meals, your metabolism will come to a SCREECHING HALT.

If you maintain control and balance your diet, you will lose weight. However, over time, your body’s metabolism will adapt and eventually slow down. That’s why we need to take a short break from dieting. But if you give up and SUDDENLY start eating back to your pre diet days, you will quickly gain the weight back because your metabolism will slow down.

You should consider sticking to a good diet plan. We offer many custom meal plans that are tailored to your own metabolic rate. Learn more… (links to Meal Plans)

7 Ways to Boost Your Metabolism

1. Build Muscle Mass. Strength training builds lean muscle tissue, which burns more calories at work or at rest, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The more lean muscle you have, the faster your metabolism will be. How do you start strength training? Try some push-ups, or a few squats or lunges. Use 5 lb. free weights to perform simple biceps curls or triceps pulls. Do these exercises three to four times per week and you'll soon see a boost in your metabolism as well as an improvement in your physique.

See our Simple Exercise Guide
  2. Do Not Skip Meals or Drastically Reduce Your Calories. If your body senses that food is in short supply, it will slow your metabolism to conserve energy. Over time, the result is that when you do eat (even if you consume the same foods as always) your body will be slower to use the calories as fuel, thus creating a backlog of unwanted pounds. A good strategy is to cut your caloric intake by no more than 500 calories per day and never less than 1200 calories total each day. Once you determine your goal for calorie consumption, divide those calories into 6 different small meals/snacks throughout the day.
  3. Increase the Amount of Protein in your Diet. Most researchers agree that protein helps to stabilize the secretion of insulin into your blood stream, a process that can affect metabolism. The average person would benefit from protein intake at a minimum of 70 grams or higher each day.

Some new research has shown that protein helps to maintain metabolism better than either carbohydrates or fat during dieting. In fact, metabolism decreased only half as much after seven days when people ate a high protein diet as compared to those eating other diets. When several groups were put on various 1000 calorie per day diets, the high protein group had only a 3.2% slow down in metabolism compared to 6-7% for the other diets. That amounted to about 50 calories per day difference. The high protein diet was also better at satisfying appetite then any of the other diets tested.

If you are trying to manage your weight you should consider lowering your sugar and fat intake and increasing your protein intake. The protein rich diet will help you to spare muscle tissue, keep your metabolism high, and feel satisfied.
  4. Get Adequate Sleep. As funny as it sounds, sleep deprivation may make you fat and not just because you're susceptible to cases of the late-night munchies. According to researchers at the University of Chicago, women who got less than four hours of sleep per night had a slower metabolism than those who slept for a full eight hours.
  5. Do Some Evening Activity. Although being active at any time is good for you, evening activity may be particularly beneficial. Many people's metabolism slows down toward the end of the day. Thirty minutes of aerobic activity before dinner increases your metabolic rate and may keep it elevated for another two or three hours. What that means for you: those dinner calories have less of a chance to take up permanent residence on your hips!
  6. Increase Movement in Daily Lifestyle. The more you move, the more you burn! You can actually make a significant addition to the number of calories you burn each day by relatively minor changes in lifestyle. This can be as simple as taking the stairs instead of the elevator; park a distance from the mall or office; window-shop with your best friend rather than sit over coffee; walk the dog instead of just let him out; do a little gardening or clean house while you talk on the phone. Making these types of changes for just 20 minutes of your day will cause you to burn an additional 100 calories per day or an additional pound per month. Making more of these changes can help you burn as much as an additional 1,000 calories per day!
  7. Aerobic Workout 3 Days a Week. Even though exercise doesn't affect your RMR, the extra calories you burn could add up to an additional 1-2 pounds of weight loss per month.

http://www.5daypouchtest.com/

http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/godzstrongtower/

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 3/26/14 12:14 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

What a great post!, now why does party train from the gap band keep playin in my head as I print this? LOL!! Thanks for the info!

MSW will not settle
on 1/26/14 3:54 am

After a good holiday season I started the new year badly.  Glad to see the good ole protein train posted here.  With the deletion of the old book marks I lost a lot of valuable threads.  All aboard... lets get this train moving and leave the extra pounds in some distant station. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 165 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1112 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 1989 views