10 Years Post-Op!!!!!

Ms. Praise
on 11/18/14 10:44 pm - MD

Well hello my fellow WLS family!!!  I am one of the "oldies" that wanted to stop by and say hello to my WLS family where it all started 10 years ago for me (11/11/2004).  To the newbies...congratulations on the beginning of your new journey...to those in the process of getting approved...hang it there it'll happen, don't get discouraged, and to the oldies...we've come a long way baby!!!!!

As a WLS vet (lol) I want to caution you...this isn't a miracle plan...it's a LIFESTYLE CHANGE!  Your tool will work as long as you work it...trust me having lost, gained, lost, gained, and now losing again, this isn't an easy journey so don't let anyone tell you different by saying "you took the easy way out"...no the real work begins after the honeymoon phase.

Being 10 years out of course I've regained some pounds...nothing like I was pre-surgery, but any weight gain is always a challenge.  I am currently back on the grind getting this weight off and I have discovered that drinking green smoothies is definitely helping me.  I purchased a book by JJ Smith called the 10 Day Green Smoothie Cleanse and let's just say IT'S BECOME MY NEW BEST FRIEND!  I love this plan...it's easy to follow and if you're OUT OF YOUR HONEYMOON PHASE you may want to get the book, read it and see if it's something that can work for you.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 11/20/14 11:03 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Well hi there!, so nice to hear from an oldie, I'm a newbie & I'm learning all the time, hoping to make my "honeymoon phase" last as long as possible. I also like smoothies but had to cut way back on them, was putting almost anything & everything in it so it wasn't looking like a smoothie anymore, but dang it sure tasted good! Good luck on getting those last few pounds off!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Ms. Praise
on 11/21/14 2:47 am - MD

Hello and CONGRATULATIONS on joining us in this WLS family!  As a newbie you definitely want to watch your intake so your honeymoon phase can run it's course which is usually anywhere between 12-18 months...so please limit any bad food choices now so you can maximize your tool!

I have never been a smoothie person, but when I had to pull out a size 14/16 pant from the closet hey I got some ruffage and fruit and started blending (haha) and have definitely liked the progress so far.

I wish you continue success our your journey...YOU CAN DO IT!

Tanya H.
on 11/25/14 4:29 am
VSG on 01/20/15

I have an aunt who SWEARS by the JJ Smith GSC. I was wondering if I could use it later on down the line. Wasn't sure if I would be able to drink the right amounts. I'm still pre-op but I want to make sure I maximize all options available.

Ms. Praise
on 11/26/14 1:42 am - MD

Hello...I am new to the JJ Smith GSC but I think I'm hooked now.  I love the smoothies...well the ones without blueberries...as I DO NOT LIKE BLUEBERRIES...but the plan is easy to do.  I am on the modified cleanse now and still have managed to drop 4 pounds this week alone.  I wouldn't suggest you try this until you're out of your honeymoon phase of the surgery.  During your honeymoon phase you'll drop weight anyway as you won't be able to eat or drink that much and please NO ALCOHOL FOR AT LEAST 1 YEAR...that'll drastically hinder your weightloss during the honeymoon phase.

Please keep us posted on your surgery date...we're claiming it for you...and congratulations for deciding to embark on this journey.

Transfiguration
on 12/22/14 11:03 am - Somewhere in time, SC

Its good to see you, Ms Praise!!!!!  Tomorrow is my 10 year surgiversary.  I think I will celebrate by getting back on track with the green cleanse.

Newbies, keep the faith and follow the rules.  WLS has given me a new and better life

Keep on climbing, Till I reach the higher ground

meka33319
on 12/23/14 1:40 am

I will look into it I love new recipes and thing that keep me interested I'm 2 years out and trying to keep the weight off ...Thanks for the recommendation...

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 176 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1121 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2002 views