Haven't had a lap band fill in 3 years and gaining weight

apmorris
on 12/3/14 7:17 am

Hello Everyone, I had my lap band surgery in 2007. I started at 340 lbs and got down to 218 lbs. But during the last 3 years I've had some personal issues and as a result, I gained weight and I am currently 318 lbs. I haven't even had a fill in 3 years. I scheduled an appointment for a fill for this Friday. But I can eat almost anything and any amount without any issues. I just hope this fill works and i am able to lose weight again. Any suggestions? 

sor09
on 12/8/14 3:06 pm

Maybe check with your WLS support group and or your doctor. Check ups just to make sure nothing extra is going on. Read research and read some more.

ebonymc
on 12/23/14 12:49 am

I had the band for 5 yrs and had it removed 5 months ago.  This was one of the reasons why I decided to get rid of it. I was gaining weight with the band and having horrible reflux and other issues whenever I got a fill. It was doing more harm than good. I am scheduled to talk with my surgeon soon about RNY.

hipsandthighs
on 1/8/15 8:00 pm
with

Hello Everyone. I also had lap band surgery in 2007, I lost some, but I haven't really gain any either. I haven't had a fill since 08. I'm in the process of have the band removed and revising to RNY because of the reflux and other issues. Also I found out the band was place to high and that's why I never lost very much. I hope that your fill will get you back on track 

tiffany M.
on 1/15/15 5:09 am - MS

Hi, everyone. I had my lap band surgery in 2007 as well. I started at 315, lost 30 lbs. My current weight is 348 lb. Im in the process of trying to have a revision. Ive been approved by my surgeron to have the revision. I just have to have my psych testing done then wait on my insurance to approve me.

I just ready to start my journey over again!!

Hi all, it's been forever since I have been to this page!  But, I had my band in 2004, replaced due to slip in 2006, lost 90 lbs, gained 70 back from Lexipro.  I revised to a RNY in 3/2009 lost 150 lbs and have kept every pound off since.  Well, I had to gain 15 lbs because I was too thin, go figure! Howerver, with that said, it is still a tool.  We MUST learn to use the tool, change our lifestyle of eating choices, etc.  It's about moderation and work no matter what surgery you have. 

Terri D.
Certified Life Coach with Specialization in Weightloss and Bariatrics
Working towards Bachelors in Exercise Science with specialation in Bariatrics
Revision to Gastric 4/9/2009 from Lapband

At goal at 7 months.... thanks to lifestyle change, exercise, & an acai berry drink.  Inflamation in body-Gone, Headaches- Gone

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9LYB37/">
 _fcksavedurl=http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w9LYB37/weight.png">>

(deactivated member)
on 2/25/15 12:31 pm
On February 25, 2015 at 8:07 PM Pacific Time, Terri DesVignes wrote:

Hi all, it's been forever since I have been to this page!  But, I had my band in 2004, replaced due to slip in 2006, lost 90 lbs, gained 70 back from Lexipro.  I revised to a RNY in 3/2009 lost 150 lbs and have kept every pound off since.  Well, I had to gain 15 lbs because I was too thin, go figure! Howerver, with that said, it is still a tool.  We MUST learn to use the tool, change our lifestyle of eating choices, etc.  It's about moderation and work no matter what surgery you have. 

Oh wow.  I am over sixty and didn't have a weight problem till I took Lexapro.  It got worse and worse because it made me hungry.  I ballooned up to around 260#. I had the sleeve performed last Sept.  I am still taking the Lexapro.......I suffer from a panic disorder.  I have lost over 70#.  My question to you is, are you still taking Lexapro?  Are you on a different medication?  I don't want the weight loss to stop and am concerned. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 165 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1112 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 1985 views