gallbladder

PSMITH32
on 7/9/15 5:48 pm - Lithonia, GA

Hello everybody,

I haven't been on here in years.. But this is the only place I could think of for answers? Has anyone had any problems with their gallbladder? If so please tell me the symptoms.. 

Thanx in advance

new3.gif picture by PATEISHA1

JazzyOne9254
on 7/12/15 10:55 am

For the DS and RNY, most surgeons routinely remove the gallbladder, so as to lower the chances of having to do another abdominal surgery down the road if they need to be removed.  Most also routinely remove the appendix for the same reason.

If you are having a gallbladder attack, you may feel excruciating pain in your right upper abdomen,just about where the bottom crease of your breast is located.as well as throughout the right flank. 

Gallbladder attacks are started when tiny pieces of gallstone break from a larger stone, and are small enough to travel through the biliopancreatic ducts.  They sometimes get stuck, and that's what causes the pain.

There used to be a prescription medication that would dissolve them enough to allow them to pass through the ducts and out of your body.  I'm not sure if they still do.

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

prettyinpink16
on 7/24/15 4:21 pm - GA

I know this may be late however I did want to answer since I had to have my gallbladder removed about 2 years after surgery. I started having pain on my right side under the breast it was like a dull ache and some nausea  . It went on for about 7 or 8 months, so I finally went to the doctor and he set up an ultrasound of the gallbladder and found stones. I had my surgery to remove the gallbladder outpatient and was home that same day. I'm not going to kid you the recovery was painful or at least to me it was. I hope this helps you.

Baby1234
on 8/5/15 7:36 pm

Gallbladder pain is no joke!

onmylevel34_07
on 4/18/16 6:11 pm - BIRMINGHAM, AL

Hey Hun!!!! Long time....I live in Ga. Now. How have you been? I have gained a lot of weight back.....I have had some issues with my gallbladder due to my medications. And sometimes wine.

holla at me sometimes...ð?'¯

I'm FaNcII HuH?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 180 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1125 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2010 views