Dental Problems

Vonni
on 3/23/18 7:04 am

Greetings! Was wondering if after WLS has anyone experienced any dental issues? Read that some people start to loose teeth and have all kinds of dental issues. Just wanted to know before contemplating VSG. Thanks!

peachpie
on 3/31/18 7:51 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

The stories you hear about losing teeth and dental problems are likely connected to non complaint patients who do not take their vitamin supplements. All the wls's have supplement requirement and people get lazy because they feel fine. It takes months for the effects to show. Stay on top of labs, regular dental cleaning and vitamins and you should be fine.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Vonni
on 4/1/18 7:31 am

Thanks for sharing Peachpie! That's what I thought.

GraciSurlan
on 5/22/21 7:27 am, edited 5/22/21 12:27 am
DS on 12/04/93

I agree with you that everyone has supplement requirements, but people get lazy because they feel fine. We must always be alert and follow the condition of their body. I also had problems with teeth, and I realized that they would be seriously treated. Unfortunately, I lost several teeth, and I had to put in implants. I applied for help at perfectasmile.com. Although this process took a couple of months? I remained very pleased with the result. They look even better than my native teeth.

FillSmith
on 9/8/21 6:46 am

I think that you must take care of your teeth from early childhood. Repairing is so expensive

maliboo
on 5/21/18 2:34 pm - milwaukee, WI

Yes i have issues with my bones and teeth as well. but as the lady stated I wasnt taking my vitamins as i should have been. but I am now!

Reidlake
on 6/8/21 10:54 am, edited 6/9/21 6:02 pm

I also was a fat person about three years ago, and went to the doctor to make some investigations on how I can lose weight fast. So he recommended me to go have a bariatric surgery. Little did I know that this surgery was based on some very acid powerful medicamentation. So after the surgery, my doctor prescribed me some vitamins, because I had the risk of teeth erosion and also he advised me to take a dental coach, which would monitor the progress of my recovery and also would supervise the health of my teeth. So this is my story for the post surgery, on how to keep your teeth healthy.

FillSmith
on 9/16/21 6:47 am

Whats your problem guys, how even will use such services??? Cmon..

xeronner85
on 12/9/22 7:29 am

I would rather use such services than have health problems later!

Messiah311
on 4/10/23 7:35 am

Me too

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 180 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1125 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2010 views