Lia D’s Posts

Lia D
on 1/15/18 10:00 am, edited 1/15/18 10:09 am
Topic: RE: Its My Surgivery

Hello OH fam! Its my surgiversary!!!!! Its been 14 years for me and because of my emotional and other issues like laziness, I'm still not at my goal weight but this is definitely one of the best things I have ever done for myself. I retired in December so I figured I would be able to get an extra ½ workout in everyday but that hasn?t happened. I also have gained 40lbs, correction, 38 lbs since last year. I started a new eating idea last week that I created that I think I can stick to and lost 2 lbs and I didn?t even get a chance to workout at all last week so 2lbs down is good for me without exercise.

Prayerfully, from now on I?ll get my exercises in on a regular basis. I started this morning by going to a high intensity Zumba/dance reconstruction class and I am super excited that I went. I?ve scheduled myself for a 3 mile walk later today and that will be my 2hr workout for today.

I love my new diet, last week was a breeze. I had a Premier Protein shake and huge cup of coffee for breakfast, for lunch, another premier protein shake and fruit (2 cups of sliced strawberries, or 2 cups of mangoes, or an apple, or a banana), for mid-day snack, another shake and fruit (2 cups sliced strawberries, or 2 cups of mangoes, or an apple, or a banana), and for dinner a low calorie frozen dinner like any healthy choice, or lean cuisine for dinner. If I still wanted something to eat after dinner I had more fruit like 2 cups of sliced strawberries and I was satisfied.

I also had a bag of butter light Orville Redenbacher popcorn and 2 cups of sliced strawberries for lunch a couple of days and a bag of butter light Orville Redenbacher popcorn after dinner a couple of days instead of the fruit as well.

Healthy choice spaghetti with meatballs a and a Healthy choice spaghetti with meat sauce are my favorites for dinner I can have both of those for a meal and I am full as a tick and satisfied.

I had all that and still stayed within my 1200 calories daily range and wasn?t hungry or wanted anything else to eat. I think the fruit and water really helped me allot. If I continue eating like this and getting in 2 hrs of exercise a day I should be at my goal weight of 140 in 5 months or less.

I?m ending my post now, so Happy New Year everyone and congratulations to all the newbies and continued motivation and inspiration to everyone else!!!!!! Hope this post helps someone in some way.

LiaD

Lia D
on 2/1/17 8:05 am
Topic: RE: Missed my actual surgiversary day

Thank you so much, I really appreciate your response.  I wish you the best on this life long journey.

LiaD

Lia D
on 2/1/17 8:02 am

Thank you much for the accolades.  I don't feel like I've done a good job yet so I really appreciate your comment.  I am still trying and won't give up.  Good luck to you on your journey. 

LiaD

Lia D
on 1/25/17 9:51 am, edited 1/25/17 10:14 am

Hello All:

I can't believe another year has come and gone and I'm still working on getting to my weight loss goal of 138lbs.  Once I hit that it will be a 204lb loss since my RNY.  Sometimes I want to give up, I do that allot which is why I haven't met my goal yet, but then I realize that if I give up I'm gonna be back at 342 where I started or higher.  That gets me back on track for awhile.  So, I am yo yo dieting and exercising and it has gotten me to my current weight of 173.6 lbs.   

I took phen-phen over the holiday it worked the first day but not the second so I don't want to get back on those.  I tried the back-on-track system but I had headaches everyday.  I'm always trying to find something that will work for me.  I'm still in size 8 as long as they are stretch and into some 10's which is very disheartening for me since I swore I would not buy a bigger size. 

I am going to continue to work on getting to my goal and hopefully the sabotage will decrease and the willpower will increase.  So far this week I've been good and trying not to overindulge and workout 6 days a week.  Good luck all!

Forgot to include my surgery date 1/15/04.

Liad

Lia D
on 7/13/16 8:29 am
Topic: RE: Impact On Relationships

Ditto to Kyzze post!  Praying for an uneventful surgery for you.  Take care and keep us posted.

Lia D
on 1/15/16 9:32 am, edited 2/12/16 6:24 am
Topic: RE: Today is my 12 yr Surgiversary!

Hello!!!!!

Hubby just reminded me that today is the 15th so I am actually posting on my surgiversary day.  It has been a long, tough, journey.  My starting weight was 342 lbs and now I am, again, 10 lbs from my goal weight, at 150.  I have not ever been at 140 lbs and I am still trying.  I have planned to adjust my eating and exercise to something I can do on a daily basis.  I am tired of this up and down weight gain and loss.  I just want to get to 140 lbs and a size 6, or lower, and stay there for the duration.  I mean size 8 is ok but its not my goal.

With my emotional eating, it's just so hard for me to stay on track but I am gonna work hard from now on to conquer this mess.  It has had a hold of me almost all my life.  I know I need to incorporate more water into my diet and eat more when I exercise too much.  Some days I get in some really intense workouts but then I don't eat enough to balance it out. 

It would definitely make a big difference if I got my thighs, arms, and breast done since my surgeon told me I can come back at anytime to get them done.  But since he did my panniculectomy and butt lift I'm still experiencing itching around my mid section and have to use ointment everyday, I really am not planning to do it.  I'm pretty much in the same boat as before having the surgery done, having to put something on my stomach everyday. 

I wish everyone continued luck on your journey.  Happy New Year!

Lia d

Lia D
on 8/12/15 1:21 am, edited 8/12/15 5:38 am
Topic: RE: Having a musty odor

I have so much access skin, from my weigh loss, which caused me to perspire more and the smell just festered under all the skin.  It left me a little musky/musty in the under arm area which seeped onto my clothes.  I started using clinical strength deodorant, powder between my thigh groin area, washed all my clothes after every wear instead of every 3 wears, or sent them to the cleaners.  I don't have nor have I heard anyone mention my personal hygiene in a really long time.  I hope this helps.

Lia D
on 7/11/15 4:15 pm
Topic: RE: Missed my 11 year suriversary post

Hi Staci, thanks so much for the accolades.  I wish you nothing but luck on your upcoming surgery.  Praying that you have uneventful surgery and fast recovery.  

Lia d

Lia D
on 5/8/15 6:46 am, edited 5/8/15 6:46 am

Hi Dodgergirl27!  I hope I answered your question appropriately.  It has taken me from 2004 to now to get to 155.  I keep going up and down.  The last time I started regaining, I got all the way up to 213, I joined weigh****chers and that has gotten me to where I am now.  The first 18 months is when I lost the majority of my weight.  If you feel like reading my post feel free.  Its been a roller coaster for me and my weight.  I Hope this gives you a little more detail. 

Lia d

Lia D
on 4/1/15 12:23 am
Topic: RE: Newbie here with a question

GM Kiki:

I have Kaiser and they requested a 6 month weight loss program.  They authorized me to see a Kaiser nutritionist.  I visited her once a month for 6 months.  She provided me with a diet plan, that I tried to follow, and my weight was logged in monthly.  I started light exercises like walk away the pounds and that helped me to lose enough weight to meet their criteria.  Hope this info helps.  Good luck to you.

Lia D
on 1/21/15 1:13 am

Actually, my lowest weight was 142.  I have picked up some weight and yes it is definitely baby steps for me.  The lower my scales gets the less I lose.  Sometimes I lose .2 but losing .2 a week is better than gaining .2.  I went back up over the holidays and 155 is my weight for this week, this week I lost .6.  It is coming off slowly but when I exercise for 2 hrs a day for an entire week I normally lose about a 2 - 3 lbs. but it is really hard for me to get that much exercise in every week.  Good luck on weight loss, its hard work and slow but just keep trying.

Lia d

Lia D
on 1/20/15 10:27 pm, edited 1/20/15 10:32 pm

I had RNY surgery on 1/15/04, my pre-surgery weight was 342 and I am now at 155.  I am still trying to get to my weigh****chers goal weight of 140 and my goal clothing size 6, I am currently wearing an 8.  Food is not my friend.  I do really well for awhile then something happens to set me off like a holiday, birthday, or my emotional eating still trying to figure that out.  But, I am still not where I use to be, I can walk 7 miles, I can do high intensity zumba for an hour or two, I can lift weights, I can run, etc., I could not do any of that before surgery so I am still happy I had the surgery.  The surgery gave me a intolerance for high fat and sugar so I can't do very much which is helping me to eat right. I am going to continue to try to reach my goals until I get there no matter how long it takes.

I wish all the newbies the best of luck reaching your goal weight and the vets of weight loss surgery the best of luck maintaining your weight. I hope that no one gives up, just keep trying even if you have to start over and over and over again just keep at it until you make it to your goal and then maintain it to end the vicious cycle of gaining and losing. 

Lia D
on 1/26/14 11:36 pm
Topic: RE: 10 Year Surgiversary

I love your mantra thanks for sharing that and I won't!!! Good luck to you as well.

Lia d

Lia D
on 1/24/14 12:49 am

Thank you Kenyatta W!!!!

Lia D

Lia D
on 1/14/14 11:24 pm

It has been 10 years since I had my RNY surgery.  It has been a very interesting, life changing, and allot of learning experience.  I had lost a total of 200 lbs at one point but with the holidays and life I am currently at a 181 lbs loss.  But I know what to do to get rid of the excess and I have recently gotten back to my regular routine of weigh****chers and exercising to get me back to my goal weight of 142 or below.  I still dump which is kind of a nice control mechanism for me since I am a junk food junkie.  I still have a problem with getting my water in everyday but I'm working on that too. 

My before surgery weight was 342 and now I am at 161.  I also had a panniculectomy in 2011 so I feel great and wish I had had the surgery much sooner.  I can't think of anything else to share so I'll end my post now.  Good luck to all where ever you are on this weightloss journey and Happy New Year!!! 

Lia D
on 3/15/13 2:31 am
Topic: RE: 8 years Post Op today

Happy anniversary and congratulations on the maintenance, that's the hardest part.  Keep up the good work!

Lia d

Lia D
on 1/17/13 10:43 pm
Topic: RE: Does Anybody post anymore ???

Hi Lee!

Facebook is Lia Stewart, thanks!

Lia D
on 1/17/13 12:46 am
Topic: RE: Does Anybody post anymore ???

Hi Lee! 

Can you send me an invite as well: lia stewart.  Thanks and happy new year!

Lia D
on 6/12/12 11:23 pm
Topic: RE: Hello from Tokyo Japan
Hi Lee!  Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy and take pics while you are enjoying.  Take care!

Lia d
Lia D
on 6/10/12 10:44 pm
Topic: RE: I finally made it
Hi, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!  Keep up the good work and keep us posted on progress!  That is awesome!

Lia d
Lia D
on 6/6/12 12:26 am
Topic: RE: New To the Black American Forum
Hi!  Welcome to BAF.  I've been a member since 2003 or 2004 and I love this forum.  There has always been someone to give advise, share their success stories, thier issues with weight loss or gain, etc. 

Hope you like it here as well and continue to share your journey.  I am so in awe of you losing that much weight that is fabulous, congratulations!  Keep us posted you are doing a great job.  Take care.

Lia d
Lia D
on 5/28/12 3:05 am
Topic: RE: Hello BAF! Green coffee bean extract question......
Its supposed to be a weight loss supplement without extra exercise and no diet change by regulating/controlling glucose levels.  I was interested to find out if anyone having had WLS had tried it.  Thanks for responding.

Lia d

Lia D
on 5/28/12 1:22 am
Topic: RE: Help! Can't stop scratching
I had a panniculectomy almost a year ago and I am still having the itchies around my incision area.  My doctor told me to put on eucerin itch formula after my daily shower but before drying off and he told me not to pack it on.  So I basically air dry daily.  No more itches as long as I do this every morning.  I have no idea how long I have to do this but I hope it helps.

Lia d
Lia D
on 5/28/12 12:10 am, edited 5/28/12 1:17 am
Topic: RE: Hello BAF! Green coffee bean extract question......
Has anyone heard and tried the 100% pure green coffee bean extract that Dr. Oz recommended? 

Lia d
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 180 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1124 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2010 views