Portions sizes please help

kkyymm
on 12/23/11 12:16 am, edited 12/23/11 12:18 am - Lincoln, Canada
Hi All,

I just found this forum yesterday. So happy to be here. Yesterday marked 5 weeks since I was sleeved. My surgeon really didn't give me much advice on what and how much to eat. I had a class that revolved around lap band from his staff that is all.

I am so worried about stretching my sleeve. I am 315 now. my pre op was 365 post op 346. How much should I be eating at a time? in cups and ounzes. I do get hungry when I havent eaten for 2 or 3 hours. I heard so many people say they are never hungry. :(

any adviced would be so much appreciated.

acbbrown
on 12/23/11 3:57 am - Granada Hills, CA
Im 6 months out. How much I can eat varies by the day. Generally I stick to 1/2 cup of food and/or 3oz dense protein.  I can and sometimes do eat more. I generally have little restriction on carb-y slider foods, but some days I can only take a couple bites and have to be done. I eat every 2-3 hours.

Usually, I dont get "hungry" but when my reflux acts up, i feel insatiable and just feel like i need to eat all day (mostly to attempt to stop the burning in my stomach).

My only advice is just weigh and measure everything. Don't eat until you are full. Even though I am the worst person at this, try and eat slow, take your time, listen to your body. Dense proteins will fill you up more. If you ate recently and feel hungry, drink some fluids.

Good luck and congrats! You are doing great!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Matt2011
on 12/25/11 12:30 am - Moorhead, MN
 I just wanted to say, welcome to the board! Its a good place to come when all the others get hectic. 

“Victory is won not in miles but in inches. Win a little now, hold your ground, and later, win a little more.?   Louis L'Amour quote  

kkyymm
on 12/28/11 1:21 am - Lincoln, Canada
Thank you both very much

Most Active