Oh my hanging belly

Skoonie
on 4/1/12 12:13 pm - Van Wert, OH
RNY on 01/31/12 with
I had surgery 8 weeks ago have lost 64lbs since the beginning of my journey and boy is my large belly (where I carry most of my fat) hanging. It is driving me nuts. Anyone have a suggestion to help me be more comfortable. Seems like I'm losing from the top down.

pixkanaka
on 4/1/12 1:08 pm
I bought high waisted shape wear from Fashion Bug called Secret Slimmer.  I've lost about 45 pounds pre-op and found my belly hanging.  I bought the 3x size when I was 303 pounds. It's not super binding but find it helps with the jiggle and hang.  They are normal $20 but are on sale at 30% off making them $14.  They have them in small to 4x.

Skoonie
on 4/1/12 1:14 pm - Van Wert, OH
RNY on 01/31/12 with

I will check them out I don't have a Fashion Bug near me but will look online. Thanks

Lucky2talk2
on 4/1/12 2:20 pm - Renton, WA
Yes, I would recommend shape wear as it can help hold it in place. Wearing bottoms of swim trunks can help to. I always wore my undies on backwards and snug undies helped.

It is victory with every hanging inch!!

I have been lucky to get a lot of my shape wear at thrift stores. You may try if you have that option. I also got two at wallmart.

Great to hear you are ding so well in your journey!

Hugs,
Sherrie

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!!         SHERRIE <3

Phatchick
on 4/1/12 11:30 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12
Congrats on your amazing weight loss journey. I get my shapewear at Catherines. They always have great sales and you can also order on-line. Best, Sharon

Nikkal
on 4/2/12 2:09 pm
VSG on 07/18/13
 it's not shapewear, but I find the seamless briefs from Avenue provide a bit more support than other panties - I find when I wear them my back hurts less from the support
(I'm pre-op but I carry a lot of weight in my 'apron')
Skoonie
on 4/2/12 10:37 pm - Van Wert, OH
RNY on 01/31/12 with
Thanks for all your advice I dug out a high waisted girlde (what I call them) and it is a huge difference mainly when I take my walk my back has more support and my front looks more appealing. lol

Most Active