Facing the music....and making decisions

LaToya S.
on 6/13/12 1:30 am - Edwardsville, IL
I had my 6 month check up with my surgeon yesterday and it is time for me to face the music.

#1- All my blood work is normal
#2- I have gained 7 pounds (not according to the doctor but I was down 120 pounds by my record at home and was only down 113 at my doctor's office)

So I have realized a few things:

-I cannot "treat" myself to certain food items. Just doesn't work in my favor.
-I cannot take a one day break from exercising, one day turns into two and then three, etc, etc, etc, (I have not had a "true" workout in 6 days----but I have done a lot of walking in the past few days, especially at Six Flags)

I found out that my insurance does cover revision surgeries. So me and my hubby are discussing if I will go ahead with starting the process for a revision. At this point I am going to give my sleeve my all and if I am still obese at my 1 year point I may move forward but it will also depend on how I look and feel at the time. We really want to have another baby and if I get a revision then that waiting period starts all over.

My nutritionist has given me some new tips on my eating plan that I will be putting to work here shortly AND I will be a Zumba Fitness Instructor in less than 2 months
Hopefully teacing extra Zumba Fitness classes will help me stay motivated and pounds moving down!

Thanks for letting me share!

LaToya
www.youtube.com/user/lmscrogg

Twitter: @ScrogginsFamily  

hwag5149
on 6/13/12 7:44 am
First off, you have been doin great since the beginning so stop it! 

You didn't gain 7 pounds! There was probably always that difference between the two scales, clothes, etc. so that doesn't even count. You are still down 120 pounds. My clothes add freakin 5 pounds to me! Ohhh did you fit into rides at Six Flags? I am waiting for that day!!!!

What are the new tips??

HW 380.8+  SW- 371.4  CW- 234.4  GW- 200 

Miss_Kitty
on 6/22/12 3:24 pm - New Bedford, MA
Don't forget......we are women and the scale never really reads right for us. (at least that is my excuse!) We have water weight, pms weight, stress weight, etc.

No 2 scales will read the same. Congrats on the 120 lb weightloss. And becoming a Zumba fitness instructor!!!! You go, girl!!!!

Do you see the glass as half empty or half full? I say, what difference does it make--I paid for a full glass,so either way I am getting jipped!!!

Lucky2talk2
on 6/22/12 10:33 pm - Renton, WA
Look at what you have done so far, the things at one time you may have never imagined you are doing now!! All things are possible and will happen! Keep trudging on in your journey! Time, patience and enjoy! Others that are thin, enjoy themselves with balance and I do beleive they get off track, but stay aware to be back on track!! Everybody is different, bodies are different, you are aware and that is half the process. You take action, keep on going... But also enjoy it.

YOU ROCK LADY!!

Hugs!!

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!!         SHERRIE <3

Most Active