I am so happy to have found this forum !!!!

marty69
on 11/25/12 5:54 am - MO
RNY on 06/06/12

Hello all enlightened .

First let me start by telling you about me. My starting weight was 476. 

I will be 44 next month.

I have lost 144 so far. My goal is to get to 200, then have some skin removed and reach a final goal of 140 -160.  the lowest have ever been in my life. I might have weighed that when i was 12.)

I have been reading over the posts on this forum and it is a breath of fresh air to find others that can relate to my story.

I am diabetic type 2, have sleep apnea, and copd. High blood pressure and of course back pain. I have been able to cut down the number of meds I take and hope to lose the c pap altogether soon. I also fight depression and what I "think" is a food addiction daily. I also see a therapist regularly.

I had the rny bypass on june 6th of this year. An developed some complications. I was in 48 hours following my surgery. Was sent home, but was back with in 17 hrs due to a extreme fever and breathing had become almost impossible. I spent the next 18 days in the hospital. (which is an hr from my home. So I didn't see much of my family. But they did visit.) I had developed a HUGE blood clot from just above my belly button to my pubic bone all the way across from hip to hip. An a pocket of infection that was pressing of the bottom of my left lung. They drained the infection,put in a pick line, a v *** drain line(one that is one a pump). An then put me on tpn and lots of antibiotic.   

Even with all I went thru I would do this all again in a minute . It has giving me my life back. I can walk again. Prior to this I was in a electric wheel chair.  (At just 5 ft 7 my poor body just could not support me any more.)

I hope to make friends at this forum. I live in a very rural area so this is my main source of support. I will also be here for all of you. I firmly believe that by leaning on each other when we need to we will all get thru this better.

May We All be Blessed and Valued 

marty

Phatchick
on 11/25/12 9:03 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Hi Marty,

What an incredible journey you have had so far. You must be on cloud nine due to all the amazing accomplishments you have had since your surgery.

I'm sorry you had the complications, but it sounds like you persevered and what doesn't kill us makes us stronger and your weight loss is a testimony to that!

I would love to hear more about you as you continue on your weight loss journey. I've said it before and I'll say it again; this particular forum on OH is one of the best. The people here are coming from different places literally and figuratively. We have a lot of North Americans and we have a lot of people who are in every phase of weight loss, from pre -surgicals to vets who have lost it all and are now dealing with plastics and/or maintenance.

Please continue to share.

Hugs,

Sharon

sleevegirl
on 11/25/12 10:49 am - Austin, TX

Wow! You have done amazing! Keep up the amazing work. You got this!

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Nathalie_Can
on 11/25/12 11:25 am

Hi Marty,

So sorry to hear what you've been through and love your attitude towards the whole experience.  You have done such an amazing job so far and can't wait to know you better.

Hope you had a great weekend,

Nathalie

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

KittyKarin
on 11/26/12 12:32 am - FL
VSG on 01/09/13

Hi Marty!

I am new to this forum also but I really like it so far!  I am going to be having VSG within the next few months and  I was just looking at the VSG forum but I have been coming here and reading the posts for the past few days and like this one too.

Congrats on how much weight you have lost!! You must feel so great.  I am so uncomfortable at my weight and I cannot wait to feel comfortable again and be able to move without feeling so heavy!

My goal is also to be around 200.... I would love to get to 180 for some bounce back but I really will just see how I feel when I get there.  I think the last time i was 200 was when I was 20 years old.  And I was so upset that I had let myself get to 200... Now 10 years later, its my goal weight!! Amazing how things change!

Good luck on your journey and I look forward to talking with you again!

KittyKarin :-) Starting weight: 362 / Surgery weight: 353 / Current weight: 190 (03/27/2017)

Most Active