Does any have problems with the cold since surgery. My hands are Ice cubes. I feel Awful.

Doris Cervenka
on 1/15/13 2:24 pm - Ganado, TX

I know that people problem with being cold after surgery and weight lose. But, I have been totally miserable.  I just can,t get warm enough.  My  hands stay so cold that they  actually hurt.  The Cashier at Walmart actually jump when handed her money.   She said ,That my hands were so cold.  I been wearing gloves indoors and it makes no difference.  They just stay cold.  I been taking long hot baths just to stay warm.  My sister goes crazy when comes home the heater to turn up.  She say the house to hot. We need keep temp at 72 or we be able to pay the bill. Any hotter than that is just wasteful.  I am just wondering if this has happened to any body else is their any you can do about.  I,m wondering if the surgery cause poor blood flow.  My hands and feet just stay cold. I have using an electric blanket to stay warm.  I know they are not good for you.  But, I have to stay warm some how.

Doris Cervenka

mickeymantle
on 1/15/13 2:49 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

its 27f of course im cold

everyone is cold after losing alot of weight , even without the surgery

get some gloves and a sweater  I know they might be hard to find in texas

just think of the people in La cal. I was 17f last night and no one has warm cloths some people with older homes don't even have heat

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Lucky2talk2
on 1/15/13 3:08 pm - Renton, WA
I am always cold to. I used to be a radiator of heat. I workout all the time and have good blood flow. I crack it up to the loss of fat insalation! Sorry I have no real answer or advice other than ask your doctor to make sure there is no other medical issues.

Hugs
Sherrie

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!!         SHERRIE <3

sleevegirl
on 1/15/13 9:22 pm - Austin, TX

Yup. I HURT from being so cold. It's ridiculous, I feel your pain. I keep a heater going under my desk (work from home) and have a heated mattress pad (dual control so hubby doesn't have to use his side) for the bed. Dress in layers, gloves. I'm still chilly. Sigh. I hear it gets better when we start taking in more calories and reach a stable weight. I hope so!

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Nathalie_Can
on 1/15/13 9:25 pm, edited 1/15/13 9:26 pm

Yeah, completely normal....I remember this summer, it was close to 100F and I had to put the heater full blast in my car because I was too cold.  It does take some getting used to and adjust and it sucks...lol...especially me, I was well known as the girl in flip flops at 0 below...lol...the way it was explained to me is that with the weight loss, the oxygen that used to travel in the fat, skin and everywhere as to find a new path and that it will take time.  It will take a year or two but should be way better then this, until then, I CAN'T wait..lol

Stay warm my OH Friend!

Nathalie

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

Phatchick
on 1/15/13 9:30 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Baby it's cold outside......at least it is here in Illinois.

I think when we had our fur coat of fat we got used to feeling warm all the time. I was fat for 20 years. I recall always being hot. I also recall being a young adult and being cold all the time. I wore layers to bed and even sox back then.  As I got fatter, I eventually slept nude, no covers with the ceiling fan going. My husband complained all the time about the wind tunnel in our bedroom, especially in the winter.  Now I freeze all night. I have our heat on 72. When I was 356 lbs our heat never went above 68. In the summer I was hot and never left the air conditioning. Last summer i was not hot, it felt delicious.

Hey, when it's 17 degrees out (like last night) isn't it normal to be cold? YOU ARE NORMAL. Love the new you

Hugs,

Sharon

CatahoulaLover
on 1/16/13 1:45 am - Kent, WA
VSG on 07/20/12
I'm sitting at work in my coat and gloves. Lol I'm always cold now but I used to sweat all the time so this is better. Just get some thick socks and dress in layers. :-) the good news is you are losing insulating fat!

08/20/12: -40  09/20/12: -21 10/20/12: -13 11/20/12: -5  12/20/12: -13 01/20/13: -10  02/20/13:-8 03/20/13: ?

selhard
on 1/16/13 11:15 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Between being used to living in northern Minnesota and still having lots of body insulation (six weeks post-op), you'd think I wouldn't be going through extreme cold like you are describing as well.  Daytime hours are okay, but around 5:00 pm, I start to feel cold to the point of it being almost debilitating.  The evening routine consists of several layers of clothing, microwaving all-cotton socks before putting them on, electric blanket use, blow-dry heating feet, hands, nose, wrapping my hands around a heavy mug sipping boiled water and lastly, sleeping in bed fully clothed.  Ridiculous. 

Doris Cervenka
on 1/17/13 4:32 pm - Ganado, TX

It just nice to know  that I am not crazy.  But, I have been sleep fully dressed with double sock on because, I am so cold. My hands stay cold.  I bought three pairs of gloves this week. Three different long sleeve shirts and jacket just to go out side.  Even when it warm I still cold.  I can so many clothes that I am sweating.  But, i am still cold.

Karine
on 1/29/13 5:19 am - Canada
VSG on 06/25/12

oh I have always been cold, but now it is a painful cold.  I feel it in my bones, I am shaking from inside.  And yes it is cold outside, but I am not that much colder outside than inside.  I sleep with a pyjama, socks on, and a warm wool sweater, not to mention how many blankets I use.  Just got back from Cuba, it was 28-30 celcius there and I was shivvering most days.  Next destination will be 40 degrees I am telling you now!  My husband keeps complaining about me upping the heat and now that I have actually received the bill I understand why he was complaining!!! 

Hang in there, you are not alone!  I think it takes time for our bodies to reajust!

Gastroscopy: May 26th 2012                   SW + HW 360
Labs: May 30th 2012                                Post opti   341.2
SD:  June 25th 2012                                Post op     338.6       

Most Active