Who am I ?

Oxford Comma Hag
on 2/6/13 5:24 am

I thought I was the only one barely able to make it through 10 minutes of TV. LOL

DH is pretty cool about the new me, thank heavens. I know some spouses don't make the changeover very well, especially if the formerly MO partner has bent to the point of breaking to please.

I get exactly what you are saying about not wanting the only man who loved you fat to leave. I used to feel sorry for DH that he was stuck with the SMO me. Of course, he wasn't really stuck, but I felt that he got the short end of the stick. Boy, this weight loss stuff sure stirs a lot of stuff up, doesn't it? Whew.

I know my DH doesn't understand my new love of eating well and exercising, but he goes with the program. And he's gone from a somewhat doubting Thomas to my biggest fan. I consider myself very fortunate, and him moreso,

Take care

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Karine
on 2/6/13 2:14 am - Canada
VSG on 06/25/12

what more could I say?  Sharon said it all!  I go from group 1 to 2, trying to get a balance, but balance is hard to get!  We have been out of it for sooooo long that we don't know how to get to it.  The solution is NOT to replace our bad habits with only exercises, neither to replace it with only therapy.  And surely not to not do anything.  It is to find a balance!  You got the exercise part, now how about the head part!

Good luck with that, it is the hardest!

Love

Karine.

Gastroscopy: May 26th 2012                   SW + HW 360
Labs: May 30th 2012                                Post opti   341.2
SD:  June 25th 2012                                Post op     338.6       

InkdSpEdTchr
on 2/6/13 3:38 am

It's funny how we put ourselves in these boxes, label ourselves by what we do, love, eat, etc... Why must we define ourselves by those things? Simplicity?

Does surgery change us? It should, though hopefully for the better!

Does that mean that all of our fears and anxieties will drop by the wayside, eh- probably not, they most likely will just shift. Instead of worrying about will I fit in that chair, you'll worry about if you fit in with that running group. Does that make sense?

I think I'm still essentially the same person that I've always been, more active, more conscious, but my core values, morals and ethics haven't changed and so I don't see myself as different- of course the world still does!

Hope my ramblings offer some insight, and that you keep looking inward, living a reflective life is the way to go. :)

:Danni

:Danni  >>>AIDS/LifeCycle 10 & 11 Finisher: 545miles on the bike in 7 days <<<
HW390/SW340/CW 208/GW170

KatCooper
on 2/6/13 10:07 am - Collierville, TN

Danni!!!!!!!!!  It's so good to see you back in this part of the world!!!  :-)  hope all is better with you and you are back on your bike!!!

Kat

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

InkdSpEdTchr
on 2/7/13 12:43 am

Thanks Kat, I'm not 100% yet, but I'm getting there- and I am starting to ride. It's frustratingly slow, but it's amazing to be back out there!

:Danni  >>>AIDS/LifeCycle 10 & 11 Finisher: 545miles on the bike in 7 days <<<
HW390/SW340/CW 208/GW170

Most Active