back again, almost 3 wks out...

tia47
on 4/29/13 4:22 pm - cleve, OH

Hello everyone,

I had my sleeve surgery 4/10 with Dr. Craig Iman in Cleve, Ohio.  He removed my band of 10 years as well. In all hinesty, surgery/recovery went very well, pain minimal.  Im still not feeling anything close to being myself...still weak.  Protein shakes were great pre surg...very much not so well post. i finally had to go to Lactaid milk with unflav unjury. i can manage twice daily. im on mushes/purees which r ok and fluids are abt 50 oz or so...up a lot from surgery. i weighed tge day after surgery at 350. i weighed last Wed, my 2 weeks, at 318. I weigh on Wed, the anniversary of my surgery. I go back to work p/t Wed...nervous abt that. nobody at work knows.

so, this is me.

thank u for this group!

tia

Laura in Texas
on 4/29/13 8:03 pm

Rest up and I hope you feel better soon!! Keep in mind your loss may be slower as a revision, so do NOT compare your loss to regular sleevers who just had surgery. The mental part of this seems to be the toughest for most of us. Keep chugging along and you will do just fine.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

(deactivated member)
on 4/29/13 9:01 pm

Congrats on your weight loss!!! Glad to hear everything went well. 

Phatchick
on 4/30/13 10:12 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

It took me about 3 weeks to feel great after  VSG surgery. Take it easy and hang in there. Enjoy the swollen sleeve while it lasts. It was the best but it doesn't last forever. Best, Sharon

Most Active