Scared

sarahpillars2728
on 6/28/13 5:16 am - MI

Well ladies and Gents last week I went and did routine blood work because I finally got some kind of insurance and am seeing a new doctor, anyhow I got my blood work back and the dr wants to see me about the results I however cannot get into see her until the 8th and I have viewed them online and my A1c level was 7.5% I am afraid the dr is going to tell me that I am not diabetic.... I don't know what to do I am trying to calm my nerves this isn't a good thing on one hand it could help my disability case but on the other hand this is so not helping my body urrrrggg I cannot wait to finally have this surgery and make my body healthy again!!

Mandalious
on 6/29/13 3:07 pm - Canada
RNY on 12/03/13

I'm pretty sure anything 6.5 and above is considered diabetic.. 

Referral May 17 '13 / Orientation June 17 '13 / Meeting w Dr Hagen June 26 '13 / RN,RD,SW July 31 '13 / Dr.Glazer Sept 3 '13/ Sleep Study Sept 5 '13 /2nd app w Dr Hagen Sept 16 '13 / F/U w  Dr Glazer  Sept 23 '13 / PRATTS Nov 14 '13/ Surgery Dec 3rd '13

mickeymantle
on 6/30/13 2:03 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

7.5 is definitely diabetic , it is considered un-controlled , my surgeon will not do the surgery unless your less than 7.0, I started at 7.4 and now am at 5.8 using meds and diet and exercise, it is not dangerously high but needs to be taken care of , I learned not to look at those reports , there is always something abnormal on them , the computer list it as abnormal if it is 1 / 1000 % below the test parameters, best to relax and talk to the doctor , you can call on Monday and speak to the nurse about the results  

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Most Active