NSV NSV NSV!!!!!

tabbyfree
on 11/26/13 1:42 pm - Katy, TX
Soooooo.....today I had a FANTASTIC NSV!!!!! You know...when you're overweight, there's always that one thing you really really want to do. I have had such a life transformation with this surgery...that I could never even begin to list every wonderful thing that has happened since 12/16/08. But today...as I walked out of Victoria's Secret I thought of this board and just knew I had to write and report back lol

Today....I walked into Victoria's secret. Ok, yes, I have been in the store before, but mostly for the lotion, perfume or this eye shadow I like. But...before today...I never had the experience I had today! I walked in and was greeted...ok...normal...I started to look around...and a sales woman walks over to the panties I was looking at and gave me a recommendation that she personally loves them...and can she assist me in finding my size.
WAIT...WHAT????? You're not asking who i'm buying for, if I need a gift card or pointing me to the perfume or lotion???? OMG....wait...she doesn't realize...she thinks i'm a normal woman!!!!! LOL LOL LOL!!!!!

Well...long story short...I got the panties she recommended and couldn't wait to get home, wash them and put them on...they're soooo incredibly comfortable...and they are not from the avenue, lane Bryant...but from Victoria's secret!!!!! I also got some pj's, and while looking at the cute warm up suits...I was looking for an XL and the lady said...actually those run kind of big, you might want to try the large instead...WHAT?????? OMG! LOL

This time 5 years ago I was on a liquid diet waiting for my surgery date to arrive. All I could think about was how desperate I was to take the step that would give me back a normal life. This has been the most amazing journey...it's still not over...and I enjoy something related to my weightloss every single day!

I feel that I have been incredibly lucky. I received the approval for my RNY in the same week it was submitted, then earlier this year I submitted paperwork to have my pani removed, and not only did it get approved, but they also approved the abdominoplasty AND pani removal. The surgery was so huge it had to be done in 2 parts. I'm currently home recovering from the second surgery, and praying my legs will be approved next year.

My life is so incredible...more than I ever could have expected...and i'm just truly grateful every single day!

Hoping you all are well...Hang in there!!!!! It is sooooo very worth every sacrifice and challenge we have to work through!

1crazy_cat_lady
on 11/26/13 8:47 pm - Winnipeg, Canada

That is so fantastic! WTG angry

HW: 361  CW: 337.8  Goal:  To come off most of my meds

Lisa1023
on 11/26/13 11:27 pm
VSG on 03/05/13

HOly smokes, your stats are incredible .. and your NSV is to DIE for .... i hope to experience that one day too.  Congratulations... ten fold !!

HW  383     SW  371    CW   234     

lucalaw28
on 11/27/13 4:21 am

I think everyone needs to be making these kind of posts :)  Things can get really hard sometimes and sometimes you can't see the awesome things that await you to keep you motivated but by sharing these nsv's everyone can keep the hope.  Awesome nsv. :):)

themexcellentone
on 11/27/13 10:50 am
VSG on 07/08/13 with

Isn't it great!  Congratulations! 

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

Nancybefree
on 11/28/13 4:25 am
VSG on 11/21/12

That's a nice NSV. 

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

marymo362
on 11/30/13 11:40 am
RNY on 03/18/14

I am sitting here in tears, happy for you and hopeful for me. I have just started the process, after years of thinking about WLS. My husband has always been so worried about the things that could happen. Last week I told him that, yup something could happen and it could be BEAUTIFUL! and things bad are happening NOW due to my morbid obesity.

I am so so so happy for you!

Congratulations to you, hopeful for me!

Mary

H/W: 312 S/W: 280 C/W: 196 Surgery date: 3/18/2014

tabbyfree
on 12/4/13 8:40 am - Katy, TX
Mary,
I totally understand how you and your husband feel. It literally took me 10 years to finally decide enough was enough and I had to do the surgery. I wish I hadn't waited so long! It was a waste of time...10 whole years that I could have been feeling as incredible as I do now.

It's within your reach...I can't offer anyone advice, but...if your dr's agree...go for it!!!!! There were so many firsts...being able to wear my first pair of jeans after 20 years....20 years!!!! I think about it now and it just blows my mind that I waited so long to reclaim my life. Getting on a flight to Disney world...and didn't have to use a seat belt extender...and was able to ride every single ride I wanted and no one looked at me to question it...I finally looked normal!!!!!

The changes are breathtaking...especially when you do something and then catch yourself and say...omg...did I just do that???? being able to finally fasten my seat belt in my car...that was amazing...and Just recently it was time for a new car...and I didn't have to think of what car I would fit in...but I could just pick whatever I wanted without any second thoughts about fitting into the car....

It will not be easy...but it will be the BEST thing you can ever do for yourself. I still walk around feeling like I have a secret in my belly...no one can see it...but I know inside I have a tool that will forever help me maintain my new life. The best thing about it, is if you make a mistake, your tool is still right there to help you and you don't have to beat yourself up or throw in the towel...because you have your own personal helper.

This surgery saved my life and has been a HUGE HUGE blessing! I wish you the best of luck...we all deserve a life of fabulosity!!!!! :D

marymo362
on 12/4/13 11:19 am
RNY on 03/18/14

thank you for replying to me, you made me feel important. I really can't wait but am trying to temper my excitement because I just dropped the paperwork off on Monday. The first time I went to an informational session was about 8 years ago. i wish I hadn't waited but then again, it seems as though the time is right and the time is now!

Your enthusiasm is contagious--and I am thinking about all the good times to come! and I have a really great life now, but want to do SO MUCH MORE!

Thank you again.  Is it OK if I stay in touch with you? I am trying to build a support system.

Mary

H/W: 312 S/W: 280 C/W: 196 Surgery date: 3/18/2014

tabbyfree
on 12/4/13 11:47 am - Katy, TX
Mary,

You ARE important and it would be my pleasure to keep in toich with you! I hope your approval arrives quickly so you can keep moving forward on your journey!

Most Active