Swimming for exercise!

Linda L.
on 5/20/15 2:26 pm
RNY on 02/17/15

Patty,

Thank you for your response! I had some complications during my gastric surgery and I was so weak.  I pushed myself to start swimming and I'm so very glad that I did.  I just returned home after swimming a mile today.  I LOVE the water.  I hope your surgery goes well!

Somedude
on 6/14/15 3:55 am
VSG on 10/31/13

Amazing! Way to go! I love to swim but haven't in so many years because I am self conscious about my weight and swimming. I just need to get over my hangup and just go and do it...or so I keep telling myself. One day maybe I'll even listen!

Patty T.
on 6/19/15 8:41 am, edited 6/19/15 8:42 am - Boalsburg, PA

I've been swimming for years so that lessens the worry about being the fat one the kids point at - somewhat. Luckily, the people at my health club pool are very encouraging. Plus in this world of political correctness, most kids are taught not to mock others. The worst humiliation I felt was years ago when a very concerned kid asked what was wrong with my thigh? Nothing just cellulite... Argh.

I walk with a cane and can't walk on hard surfaces, so I wear my flip flops going down the steps into the pool, holding the railing in one hand and using my cane with the other hand. Then I leave my cane and flip flops at the side of the pool. If you are self conscious, do the same with a tee shirt. Or wear a rashguard.

Most Active