Fractured my left ankle and sprained my right

Linda L.
on 5/25/15 1:23 pm
RNY on 02/17/15

Sooooo Friday I was leaving my house to take the neighbor swimming when I fell. It wasn't just a tiny fall. I FELL, I ROLLED BOTH MY ANKLES ultimately landing full weight on my left. I had to call for an ambulance. The ER Dr did a temporary cast and sent me home. I was in so much pain w my left ankle that I didn't realize how injured my right ankle was. I made my sister go home after I navy seal crawled my way to the sofa and when I got up at 6 am my phone fell behind the sofa. My glasses were under a table and I had one bar on my wifi. I messaged a friend I knew would be up and he came to help me. I had to go back to the hospital via ambulance because I was unable to walk or bear weight on either leg. I was admitted and discharged to a rehab/ nursing home facility. Yesterday I finally hit my wall. I cried out of frustration finally allowing myself to have my feelings. 

One of the things I'm most proud of is that I let them know my dietary restrictions. They had nothing g on the menu I could eat. They were accommodating. My mom and sister brought me food I can have. And I'm excited that in spite of all the stress and anxiety I was having that I put my self care first. I meet with the pt tomorrow and will have a better idea as to how long this process is going to take. 

But I'm taking good care of myself!

Patty T.
on 5/25/15 3:05 pm - Boalsburg, PA

Huge hugs! What a horrible experience! Big props to you for doing the things you had to for good self care! You did so very well. Congratulations!

And don't forget the self care when you are healing too!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 5/25/15 3:32 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

So sorry you got hurt but glad you're taking good care of yourself & you stayed on track. Hope you get well soon!  Hope you have a speedy recovery. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

CerealKiller Kat71
on 5/25/15 8:51 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Oh you poor thing.  I hope your recovery is quick and painless

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

AmyDee123
on 5/25/15 6:53 pm - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

Oh my goodness!  Praying for your complete recovery and minimal pain in the process.  It sounds like you are doing for you, so that is good.  Focus on getting better!

LapBand Weight 460 (2006) | Panni Removal Weight 200 (2008) | 3rd kid (2009)
Revision to RNY Weight 355 (June 2015)

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 5/26/15 12:55 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

That sounds just awful.  I'm so sorry to hear about your fall.  I hope you're not in too much pain.  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

LosingItAt67
on 5/27/15 11:24 am - Houston, TX

Oh my goodness you poor dear! I have always been a clutz and have broken several bones tripping and falling.  It could have been much worse w/o the weight loss.  Will be praying for a quick recovery.

"Any day above ground is a good one."

Please visit my Blog!!

Linda L.
on 5/27/15 4:00 pm
RNY on 02/17/15

Thank you all for your support, prayers and encouraging words!

Most Active