Are they making clothes bigger?

Linda L.
on 10/13/15 5:25 pm
RNY on 02/17/15

Ok so we all have thought about how the dryer is shrinking our clothing. I had a little role reversal last week. I was trying to find a pair of jeans that fit I blew through 3 sizes of jeans that I owned that I had worn and convinced myself that I couldn't possibly be smaller they were just making clothing sizes bigger. LOL LOL LOL It was with GREAT JOY that I discovered I am now a size 18 considering I had been a size 32 I will TAKE IT!

I do not like to become obsessed with the number on the scale I have been working out intensely at my physical therapy sessions and I am losing inches like crazy. I'm down 105 pounds and I have more energy, and I find myself doing everyday things that I haven't done in a long time without being exhausted and feeling like I am going to die. I do not regret not for one single moment that I chose this path. It has been a long journey and I'm far from done. But I am now training for my life...this summer I want to camp, hike, bike ride and kayak. I want to take trips to places I've never been and revel in everyday ordinary things.

The Journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.....I'm so glad I started this one!

NYMom222
on 10/13/15 9:29 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I thought you were going to post on vanity sizing... Isn't it great when they are too big?? Sizes are all over the place though. I have pants that are sizes 12-14-and16 that all fit me well.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Linda L.
on 10/14/15 3:58 am
RNY on 02/17/15

You're right sizes are all over the place! But lets dish isn't it wonderful to put on pants that were to tight on you and the fall off your hips when you start walking!

grey
on 10/23/15 4:40 pm - dalton, GA

I love reading you guys post they really help keep me going. I hope to get my surgery by the end of the year and start my new life.I must have every size from 16 to 28 in my closet and xl to 5x cz when I got bigger I bought new clothes but always kept the old ones in hopes I would get in them again one day, I have clothes from the 80s.

Most Active