Anyone ever panicked if you couldn't weigh yourself?

GenJones
on 6/13/17 3:39 pm

My insurance requires a 6 month medically-supervised wt. loss program and I started it on Friday (Optifast). It was actually easier the first few days but now I'm having hunger pangs and cravings. I've lost 22lbs so far, so I guess that's good, but our scale stopped working today and I feel a bit of panic - that number on the scale was kind of getting me through this thing. It struck me as odd. I had no idea how much I wanted to see that number every morning. Does this mean I won't be able to stick to the post-surgery eating plan? Arrgh.

Gwen M.
on 6/14/17 3:05 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

I don't know what it means for you.

My personal story is that I had a number of weeks post-op when I was living with my parents due to my dad's cancer and did not have my scale. I felt like not being able to weigh myself every day put me in a tailspin. I felt out of control. Like "if I can't see the number, it doesn't matter what I eat since I clearly don't weight anything!!" Magical thinking, eh?

So I ordered a scale to keep at their house so I could continue to weigh myself daily.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

GenJones
on 6/14/17 4:57 pm

That's it, exactly. Feeling like I should just give up on trying to follow the diet because there is now no reward for all this suffering!

Most Active