Mtg with Surgeon before any assessments

Julathomas
on 11/13/18 6:26 pm

Hi there! I went to an orientation at twh yesterday and received my first appointment, but it is with the surgeon! From what I understand from the orientation, they need to determine if I can even have the surgery. Has anyone started the process the same way? Other than morbidly obese, I am relatively healthy- no diabetes, high blood pressure etc. I had a total thyroidectomy due to enlarged thyroid and papillary cancer back in 2014, and have been regularly monitoring blood work with my endocrinologist. My weight loss medical clinic that I working with says I'm a perfect candidate for this type of surgery. Any insight and advice is greatly appreciated!

NYMom222
on 11/14/18 7:42 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Not sure what TWH is.... but I met with the surgeon at my first appointment after seminar. In many practices that is normal. If your BMI is over 50 it is usually not necessary to have any co-morbidities. The general rule is having a co-morbidity is necessary if your BMI is under 40. My surgeon says the ones they consider are diabetes, sleep apnea and high blood pressure.

Obviously there are medical evaluations/tests and psych evaluations to follow.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active