Welcome Welcome!

Amy Williams
on 7/27/05 5:46 am
Well after long last we finally have a board to talk about our struggles! I know that each of us have been through a lot. Sometimes it's hard to talk about our struggles and we might feel it's not understood. This is the place to come and talk. Tell us about yourself. Welcome Amy
Tina P.
on 7/27/05 6:03 am - St. Petersburg, FL
Hi Amy: Saw you in Orlando at the conference. This board is needed. Even tho I have lost 187 pounds I still have different stuff to discuss, you understand what I mean. Other people of super size will understand too. We can help others beginning at a higher weight also. I started out at 534 pounds and have mega more to lose. But for now.. I am a dancing fool and soooo happy! Blessings all..... ~Tina~
debdoc
on 7/27/05 6:16 am - fort wayne, IN
hi amy! it's nice to meet you. i've been following your story, and wanted to tell you how wonderful you look! i had my 6 month anniversary earlier this week, and am happy (wildly overjoyed is more accurate) to report that i'm down 150 lbs. but that's only about half of what i need to lose. so, a long way to go...but, a great beginning! i think i'll enjoy visiting this board. thanks. deb
findinglisa
on 7/27/05 6:42 am - Bothell, WA
I'm very happy that we have this board. While I know that everyone on the main board struggles with their weight, I sometimes feel so lost when most posts are from people that had a start weight much lower than my current weight, even though I have lost 117 pounds since surgery. I still have such a long, long way to go. I started out at 401.5 (BMI 63+). I am now down to 284, and hope to keep losing until I reach 160 or so. I am shy, and don't post much, although I read the boards every single day. Maybe with some of the support we can give each other here, I'll be able to come out of my shell more, share my struggles with you, and help you with your struggles. Lisa 401.5/284.2/160
G. Carter
on 7/27/05 7:27 am - Columbus, OH
I am so happy for this new message board. Finally a place were others can identify with the struggles that come with being super obese pre and post op. Thank you Amy. Georgeann
G. Carter
on 7/27/05 7:35 am - Columbus, OH
Opps ... I forgot to tell you all something about myself. My name is Georgeann and I an 48 years old. I started this journey at 545 lbs. with a BMI of 106. I will be 6 months post op on tomorrow and I am 115 lbs. down. Currently my BMI is 85 and I have about 240 lbs to lose to reach my goal of 200 lbs. I look forward to meeting new friends and offering and receiving support. Georgeann
debdoc
on 7/27/05 8:06 am - fort wayne, IN
it's so nice to meet you, georgeann! i, too, am 48 years old, and my six month surgery anniversary was just a couple days ago. we're kind of on the same schedule! i've been hanging around the jan 2005 surgery date board, (i think i've seen you over there), but many of the people there are nearing their goals. i'm happy for them, but i think it's going to be nice to have this board for those of us who have a ways to go. deb -150
G. Carter
on 7/27/05 11:58 am - Columbus, OH
Hi Deb, I rememberd your name but I could not remember where I saw it. Yes I visit the Jan. 2005 Board often but mostly lurk. Glad to see you here and keep up the great job you're doing. Georgeann
Carmella
on 7/27/05 11:44 am - Massillon, OH
Wow Georgeann...................YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!! Keep up the awsome work!!!! Carmella "Mom to 3 Shih Tzu's" -55 pounds in 8 wks.
G. Carter
on 7/27/05 12:06 pm - Columbus, OH
Thanks for the encouragement Carmella. You're a sweetheart. I see you're coming along fine ... congratulations on the 55 lb. loss. Georgeann
Most Active