14 months, -308lbs!

Amy Williams
on 7/27/05 3:39 pm
It's pretty unbelieveable that it's been 14 months since my surgery. Never in a million years would I have imagined my life the way it is now. I still remember all the times when I was low how I would wish I'd not wake up half the time. It's not that I didn't want to live, I had just lost the will to want to. A light bulb went off one day and I started this journey. Once I had my plan in my head I didn't give up. All the waiting, all the tears and all the pain I've endured was all worth it to be better again. I could have easily remained on my couch and give up, like I wanted to, but I wanted to live. I was too young to die like this. I count my blessings everyday. Just waking up everyday for me is a joy now. I have the motivation in doing what I love, helping others. I walk every where now and don't give it a second thought. I'll come out of a store and just sit in the car and say to myself, "WOW YOU DID THAT!" I'll just roll over in bed and I can't believe I'm able to do something as simple as that. I can clean my whole house again. I got my first pedicure! I love living! I never thought my relationship with my husband could get stronger, but it has SO much! He's been my rock and support. I'm officially half the person I once was. I'm now 307 pounds, I've lost 308 pounds! My last recorded weight was when I was 18, they wrote down I was 310. I don't believe I was that size. I think I was heavier, I don't recall weighing and most scales back then only went to 300. It doesn't matter, the whole point is this is the smallest I've been in years. I would do this surgery again in a heartbeat. It's improved my legs, my life, and my self worth. I've got a lot of exciting things coming up. I've volunteered to get involved with the Walk From Obesity in Columbia, Sc. I challenge each of you to participate in one in your area. There's 70 areas this year. If I can do this, you can to. www.walkfromobesity.com 14 months -308lbs http://www.amylhwilliams.com/14months.jpg Amy 615/307/Healthy half the person I use to be
John Rushton
on 7/27/05 9:35 pm - Brookhaven, PA
Amy, Congrats on the weight loss and being half the person you used to be. That is a wonderful feeling!! Love the new picture of you - you are looking great and so much happier!! I'll be walking in Reading, PA's Walk From Obesity for the 3rd straight year. I made a pledge to myself when the first one came about that I would walk in them until they stopped having them. Mega-Hugs! JR open RNY 07/17/02 (2 oz pouch, 75 cm bypassed) Dr. Raper, HUP 440/427/204/213 (BELOW GOAL!!!) Mastopexy 02/15/05, Dr. Scott Chapin http://www.geocities.com/jd_rushton/ http://www.geocities.com/philly_wls_gathering/ "Your past failures *will* always overtake you if you **stop** chasing after your future success!"
Pacia B
on 7/28/05 2:35 am
Hi Amy I've been following your story since I first saw you on MTV. I cried with you when I watched that program and I am so very happy for you and all of your success now. Keep up the good work--you're an inspiration. PaciaB
G. Carter
on 7/28/05 2:40 am - Columbus, OH
CONGRATULATIONS AMY! I am so happy for you. Each time you share I am encouraged in knowing that my goals are obtainable. You're truly a blessing. Georgeann
(deactivated member)
on 7/28/05 8:44 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Congratulations sweet lady!!! You're an absolute and complete success and you just continue to prove that on a daily basis. You so richly deserve all the happiness, energy, life and health that is coming your way, that comes with losing 300+ pounds. SIMPLY AMAZING!!!!!! COUNT us VIRGINIANS in for the WALK FROM OBESITY! We have several areas (Richmond, NoVA, NewPortNews, Hampton Roads) being organized on the VA board for people to join in and participate. Guarantee you one thing, if they DON'T it sure won't be because they couldnt find something 'local' to their area! Hugs - Lei
Myra
on 8/1/05 11:49 pm - MO
Amy, You truly are an inspiration! Thanks so much for sharing your experiences with us. Admirable, also, is your obvious dedication to others in the same boat, and for that I thank you. from Missouri Myra ____________________________________________ "I used to have a handle on life... then it broke off." LBS 442/430/349/150 hw/sw/cw/gw BMI 69.2/67.3/54.7/23.5 hw/sw/cw/gw
Most Active