hello all

cindyoh1
on 7/28/05 2:49 am - Hamilton, OH
New this board and seeing that my BMI is 59.3 this just be the place for me I am getting really nervous my surgery is in 4 days and I am going nuts trying to stay busy and get things done and packed and house cleaned and while I am doing it I wonder if I should be spending this time with my kids incase I dont make it I think that is what I am most affraid of is not making it off the table to spend anymore time with my babies is it normal to be feeling like this ? if it is how do I get out of this mode? Cindy
~*Country Girl*~
on 7/28/05 12:30 pm - somewhere in de Mtns!, VA
I think we all go through those jitters! I know I did until I realized my path is already been set and what will happen will happen. I made out a list of all the bills and how much to pay and when they were due. I listed all 3 of my life insurances and phone numbers. I then hid it and told only my sister where it was. I didn't want my husband taking on that burden at that time. I then put all my jitters, anxiety and worries into the lords hands and I didn't dare take them back! I was fine after I knew my hunny would be taking care of. I wasn't living at 423 i was only exisisting. My hubby had to do everything. I felt worthless. For me it was worth taking the chance and having a new life. Today my hunny can hardly keep up with me! He loves my new found energy. I love being able to get up when I want to get up not to sit and think about it and ponder it! You take care and know these feelings are very much NORMAL!! xoxoxox Lisa
lrosenda
on 7/29/05 6:19 am - Magna, UT
Cindy, It is very normal. I even drew up a living will and a regular will. I've seen so many people have so many problems. But, I finally looked at it like this: If I stayed 210 lbs overweight, I was going to die the long slow death of diabetes, high blood pressure and not walking due to the arthritis. If I took the chance on weight loss surgery, yes, I might die, but, if I didn't, my life had the potential to be so much better. I'm 9 weeks out and doing great. I feel very lucky not to have had problems. Getting your affairs in order before any kind of surgery is not a bad idea for anybody! Good luck! Lori 384/323.5/170
Most Active