So happy to see this forum!

anna R.
on 1/11/12 11:15 pm
 Hi there,
It has been a while since I have been here and was surprised to see a BPD forum! Happy day! 
So many people argued with me that that was not what I had done, it was disheartening. My surgery was 4/20/2010. The BPD was my only choice due to esophogeal problems that I had. Anyway, I lost 123lbs in a years time and have been staying at my current weight 141, for about 6 months now. Total success, there were no problems with the surgery itself or any other problems. Gall bladdar did act up and was removed last March.
Now however, it seems there may be a new problem that not many are aware of. I have disabling arthritis and many surgeries to correct joint problems. My back has been really bad lately so finally went to a neurosurgeon. He want more tests to be done but made me aware that many of my symptoms (neuropathy type) could be related to my bypass surgery, There is new information out there relating mall absorbsion to neuropathy.
I have a lot more studying, tests and appts coming up but wondered if anyone else out there is aware of this?

Anna

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 1/18/12 1:57 am
 I'm confused. This is the BPD forum, but your surgery listed is the DS. They are different, and the BPD-DS is NOT the BPD. Is the surgery under your avie incorrect, or are you in the wrong forum?

Based on some of the things your talking about, I'm guessing you had the bpd, not bpd-ds (or ds). I don't know many who have actually had the bpd, and the few I do had it years ago, as I don't think any surgeons do this one any more. I don't think you are going to find the help you need here, but I know most of the WLS vets now post over at the place in my siggy line, and that is where I'd go ask for info. Good luck.
anna R.
on 1/19/12 4:09 am
 When I first joined there was no BPD to enter so put DS as it was the closest choice. When I stopped in the other day I saw the changes. I have tried to correct that DS choice but there doesn't seem to be any way to change it. UGH! So, yes I had a BPD and that is it. If anyone knows how to get into it to change it, I would be happy to try again. It is confusing enough for many who are not familiar with all the different choices out there.

Anna

Most Active