Newbie, 3 weeks post op

meq815
on 5/20/13 11:16 pm - PA
Hello, I am 3 weeks post op and have never felt so bad in all my life. Having a very difficult time, and just looking for some encouragement. I was severely nauseated from the moment I woke up post op. Ended up staying 2 nights, instead of one. My first week home got better, and I really did feel good, aside from my complete aversion to the protein supplements. Couldn't get them down for anything! Day 15, all h*** broke loose...the nausea returned with a vengeance...crippling, disabling nausea. Rare actual vomiting though. I am on Zofran and Compazine suppository. No one prepared me for this..... I am so blue, truly questioning my decision. I have a wonderful husband who is doing his best to be supportive, but, you know, life goes on, and I would just feel worse if I insisted he change his schedule any more than he has, just to sit here and watch me feel lousy. Yesterday and today I have been able to tolerate a couple protein shakes, and clear liquids are not a problem. I think my biggest problem right now is the emotional. I just want to feel good again!

bbeyerlein
on 6/1/13 5:18 pm - Albuquerque, NM
DS on 11/08/12

Hello, Newbie! I just had the DS on March 15 (10 wks. out) and they gave me a nausea patch to put on my ear the first 3 days out; I now have some nausea, when I eat the wrong things or eat too fast or too much.  Other that that, I no longer get it.  Exercise helped a lot, as did a lot of fluids...water especially.

Talk to your Dr. and maybe he will give you the nausea patch...and it will get you through, hopefully!

Good Luck...be patient...all shall pass...it just takes time, perserverance and for me, prayer helped! :)

Belinda

kmw82
on 6/2/13 12:20 pm - PA

I am having a similar issue.  I was ok for the first 2 weeks, and I switched to the puree phase yesterday and ive been nauseous ever since.  I know the two anti-nausea pills worked but i would recommend calling the doctor in the morning.... thats what i am going to do.... but until then just stick to clears! good luck and feel better soon

Most Active