"Taking it off" for kids with cancer!

Bette B.
on 2/4/10 9:13 pm
I’m going to shave my head - for the fourth time -  and I need your support! Why? Some of you may know why! I’m taking it all off to raise money for childhood cancer research – going bald in solidarity with kids battling this terrible disease.  

The poor hairs on my head will find themselves forcibly ejected on Saturday, March 6th as part of this year's St. Baldrick's Day organization event.  Please help me reach my goal of a thousand dollars by then both to justify this bodacious decision, and to fund as much research as possible! 

More than 160,000 kids are diagnosed with cancer each year. Despite tremendous progress, cancer remains the #1 disease killer of children in the U.S. and Canada. I’m out to help change that! Team Brent - of which I am proud to be a member - continues to be the top fund-raising St. Baldrick's Team in the world, raising over $3 million, one head at a time.

Since St. Baldrick’s began in 2000, shavees like me have helped raise more than $69 million, enabling the organization to grow into the world’s largest fundraising event for childhood cancer. The Foundation made more than $12 million in grants last year alone, to some of the top pediatric cancer researchers working today, and also to many young doctors who will be the research experts of tomorrow. And in fact, St. Baldrick's funds more children's cancer research than any other entity besides the United States government.

Children fighting cancer lose not only their hair but precious years from their childhood, and sometimes their lives. Compared to a child’s struggle, shaving my head is a small sacrifice, and your gift can help save lives.

If you'd like to help, please PM me and I will send you all the details.

Thank you in advance if you are able to help and, most of all, for your continued support!

Bette B

Bold Bald Broad!

http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/2453352/aview/leather_baldy_cropSM.JPGhttp://imagehost.vendio.com/a/2453352/aview/Skinny_blady_2.jpg

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

MrsP
on 6/15/10 11:38 am - Bakersfield, CA
As a hairstylist , a person who has lost a few loved ones to cancer, including a young sister in law, and someone who has personally survived cancer twice I must applaud you!!!! You are truly amazing!  P.S. You look beautiful bald.
kdizzle
on 7/4/10 8:23 am - Concord, CA
YOU rock the house!

I am a survivor but did not need chemo or radiation, just surgery... I was lucky... !

Kristen Hunter
"Sierra and Echo"  springer spaniels    

livelaughlovex
on 8/10/10 1:49 pm - Willow Street, PA
I just want to let you know how much this has touched me. A lot of people, mainly females, cannot even imagine what it would be like to lose or shave off all of their hair. So you taking this step not only shows that you are willing to help out but also make the statement that bald is still beautiful :).

On April 1st, 2008 I was finishing up my first year in college when I was diagnosed with Non Hodgkins Lymphoma. I went through chemotherapy and lost all of my hair. Rather than wearing a wig I proudly walked around with my head held high - and bald.
Most Active