CA125 RESULTS

Diane L.
on 1/17/14 4:31 am - Canada
RNY on 12/18/13

Question.  It's been three years cancer free I had my 6 month check up and my CA125 results went from 10 to 98.  My doctor is pretty sure it's because I just had my RNY 2 week earlier.  What do you think?  Can it go up just because I had surgery? She is re testing me in 4 weeks.

jeterway
on 1/21/14 1:02 am

I am so sorry that this happened.  I have no idea why rny would cause this but I don't know what the test measures to give that number.  Good that the doc is going to re-do the test quickly though as this is not something to play around with. If you don't mind my asking what kind of cancer did you have?  What was your treatment?  My thoughts and prayers are with you.

teddybear71
on 2/2/15 12:59 pm - Mandeville, LA

I also will be 3 years Cancer free in just a few weeks. I had a scare a few months ago when my Cancer markers were also elevated. My Oncologist told me the blood test to check for cancer markers is not a perfect test and can be elevated for numerous reasons not just an indicator for Cancer. My Oncologist said she could redo the blood test in 3 months and more than likely my numbers would be down or I could have a pet scan to definitely rule out cancer. I opted for the pet scan just because I knew I would drive myself crazy with worry. I would think having WLS could raise the cancer markers but I know I wouldn't rest easy unless I knew for sure. Good luck with everything......

Most Active