Tamoxifen

ssciolino
on 4/13/15 11:31 am - Webster, NY

di anyone taking Tamoxifen for breast cancer gain weight?

"Life is a succession of lessons which much be lived to be understood"  Helen Keller      
David147
on 5/20/15 10:43 pm

It is an anti-estrogen drug and probably the most popular use for a healthy male would be to counteract the use of steroids.

teddybear71
on 7/24/15 6:16 am - Mandeville, LA

I have been on Tamoxifen for 3 years now, and yes I have gained weight. I believe the Tamoxifen is only a part of my weight gain. After my double mastectomy and reconstruction I put on some weight....then Tamoxifen and a hysterectomy all of these have just made it that much harder for me to get thr weight off.....

Baby1234
on 8/5/15 7:48 pm

I am on anastrazole and a monthly Nupron injection.I am 2 years post metastatic breast cancer.I have gained 40 pounds.I am seeking WLS to a gastric sleeve.

happyteacher
on 8/6/15 3:09 pm

I initially lost about 10 pounds during the first 6 weeks or so, and then no weight gain. This was post vsg but prior to a double mastectomy and reconstruction then revision. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

shutrbugjo
on 11/1/15 2:33 pm

I have not had WLS yet, but I have attributed some of the weight gain that has brought me to this point to be due to taking Tamoxifen. I have not gotten a clear read on this from doctors -- some say it does, some say it doesn't -- but I believe it has made me gain weight -- or at the very least made it next to impossible to lose weight. I've been on it for a little over 3 years after being treated for breast cancer.

Most Active