Recent Posts

Pegtrala
on 10/6/05 7:06 pm - Beaverton, OR
Topic: RE: hi all
Hi Lauren. Thanks for the words of encouragement and the poem. I am working on getting healthy after two surgeries for stomach cancer: 4/27/04 and 8/12/05. I hope others will post to this messageboard, because I have found Obesity Help.com so helpful to me. Take care, and I hope things will continue to be good for you. Peg
Lauren M.
on 9/20/05 4:36 pm - WA
Topic: hi all
I survived wilms tomer on my kidney when i was 15 months old i have had alot of health issuse in my short life but i am all cured and everything when i was 10 years old. i just wanted to send some incouragement to you all. Here is a poem i made when i was younger for my docter who had cancer when i did: Roses are red violets are blue God healed my cancer and He can heal yours too! God Bless lauren
pmh1224
on 8/21/05 11:53 pm - Concord, NC
Topic: CT Scan's - 6 month checkup
I have Stage 1A non-small cell lung cancer - that was caught by accident (God's intervention) and I have the right top lobe of my lung resected on 11/2003. I have had good results of all blood test and scans since then. I will be having RNY on 8/25/05 to help with my obesity and co-morbidities. Please keep my in your prayers Pam Hartsell
maryd
on 8/13/05 10:48 am - Arlington, VA
Topic: RE: Hi! Indiana Breast Cancer Survivor here (-:
Hi Shirley. My breast cancer was in 1986, my WLS in 2004. I'm doing fine, and am so thankful for all that I have. I'm a 64-year-old grandmother of 8. I know your life has been a roller coaster for the last year and a half, and I'm so glad you are now able to look ahead. Best wishes to you on your journey.
tommie W.
on 8/12/05 7:08 am - Newton, TX
Topic: RE: Hi, a newbie for cancer survivor board
Hi, I am also a newby and a Breast Cancer survivor of 9 years with positive lymph nodes. I do have lymphedema..of my left arm, had modified radical mastectomy, chemo, radiation and 5 years of Tamoxifen.It's been a roller coaster ride. Gained all my weight during this time, now I am ready to take control and have the lapband so I can lose some weight. I also go to Houston, but I use Stehlin and DeIpoli onco. clinic at St Joseph Hospital. I still see Dr. D at least every 6 months. That's just a brief history. I come from a big family history of cancer. Please take care of that arm, I have a lymph pump that I use .... Tommie
just jacie
on 8/6/05 11:43 am - Minneapolis, MN
Topic: RE: Ovarian cancer
Hi Amanda! I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer when I was 20 years old. I had a total hysterectomy at that time, so I'm not able to have children either. I know what you're talking about. I have times when it's hard too. I'm not married yet, but I'm pretty sure I'll never adopt. I had a cat (unfortunately he passed away, he had been through everything, my cancer, etc.. with me!) and I'm sure I'll get another one. He was totally my baby. Anyway, good luck on getting your surgery approved! You stay strong as well. J
FabulousBand
on 7/18/05 1:18 am - Kountze, TX
Hi Megan Great that you are a cancer survivor! We all can beat the " Big C" Keep up with your follow ups with your doctor! Thank you & Best Luck to you. PATTI
FabulousBand
on 7/18/05 1:07 am - Kountze, TX
Hello Shirley, You are a warrior to "Breast Cancer." Keep up with your follow ups with your doctor. Bless your heart for your experience in pain with your joints & arthritis. Are you taking any medicines for the relief? Try to go for a good warm bubble bath bath for relief & relaxing. Horray for her, your sister have lost 200 lbs since July 20 of 2004! Best luck for your surgery at the first of the year! I will update my profile after the surgery. Your twin sister & I are July 20's! PATTI
Megan J.
on 7/17/05 1:08 pm - Foothill Ranch, CA
Hi all! I'm a colon cancer survivor. I was diagnosed in 2000 and have colonoscopies every 3 years. So far so good but I'm scheduled for my next "invasion" in October of 2006 I wish you all the best of luck! Megan
Shirley M.
on 7/16/05 1:48 pm - Clinton, IN
Hi! My name is Shirley and I'm a breast cancer survivor. We must have been going through treatment about the same time. Mine started in March of 2004. I also see my oncologist every three months now. Bless your heart with the lymphedema, I had lymph nodes on the affected side removed and I am always "babying" that side because I am afraid I would get lymphadema. The worst thing I have experienced from my chemo is that my joints and arthritis is alot worse now. I am hoping to have a laprascopic RNY by the first of the year. I am on Indiana Disability Medicaid right now and they make you jump through alot of hoops (-: My twin sister had an RNY last July 20th and she has already lost 200 pounds, she's my inspiration and my cheerleader. She was also extremely supportive during my chemotherapy. Congratulations on getting a date for your surgery (I just noticed that your surgery will be on my sister's one year wls anniversary!!!) and please keep me updated on your progress.
Most Active