Tuesday Prayer & Praise

Hislady
on 4/5/11 6:30 am - Vancouver, WA
Looks like a nice relaxing day today, just working on a cross stitch picture. Take a minute to post any praises or prayer requests you have. God bless! Karen
Patricia R.
on 4/5/11 12:36 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Karen,
Sorry I have not been posting the In Touch devotions.  I am having trouble copy/pasting them the past few days. 

Praise:  I got to spend a lot of time with the Munchkins today, and last night.  These kids are such fun, and so sweet.  Lincoln is learning to talk, and tonight, my Mom taught him to say, "Mine."  She also taught him to look possessive when he says it.  Oy ve.

Prayer:  I am concerned about my long term use of Percocet.  I abused Vicodin during my relapse in January 2010.  I have the potential of abusing the Percocet, because the pain in my foot when I walk is constant, and sometimes just unbearable.  Taking the low dose of Percocet barely makes a dent on some days.  I am missing AA meetings, and avoid visiting family if there is no place for me to have my foot elevated.  I barely walk the dog.  We have two places we can do long walks at, and then two places for short pit-stops.  On a good day, weather permitting, I can hit the good spots once or twice, and then the pit-stops the rest of the times.  On bad days, I only take him to the pit-stops.  My dose of Percocet has been increased by the doctors, so I am not increasing it on my own.

Please pray for me.  I am terrified of relapsing and drinking again.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 4/5/11 1:28 pm - Vancouver, WA

Hon know that I am praying for you! I know it must be scary, just remember how much you've learned about yourself since the last time you relapsed. Keep staying close here and get back to AA as soon as you can, you know it helps, besides there are people there that need you too! God bless you are always in prayer.

Most Active