Wednesday Prayer & Praise

Hislady
on 4/6/11 9:45 am - Vancouver, WA
Wow crazy weather today first the sun was shining and now we have snain, snow and rain. Dog did NOT want to go for a walk! OK folks get those praises and prayer requsts going we are all ready for a good prayer session! God bless! Karen
Patricia R.
on 4/6/11 1:12 pm - Perry, MI
Praise:  Got to spend time with the Munchkins at a park where there was a maze to play in, and a playground to play on.  Boy, was that fun.

Prayer:  My last visit with the Munchkins and my daughter will be on Thursday, the 7th.  Please pray for them, as they have had strep throat four times since January, and Lincoln's rash, allergic reaction to penicillin, has not gotten better.  Also, please pray for my mother.  She has an extremely bitter spirit, with an unforgiving, spiteful attitude toward anyone who does not live their life the way she believes they should, even if they never hurt her at all.  Example:  Her boyfriend was married to an abusive alcoholic.  His work had him travelling out of town all the time when his kids were little, leaving his drunken wife to abuse them freely.  Now, as grown adults, they don't send their father cards or visit on holidays.  Yet, when one of his grandchildren graduate from school, they invite him to attend.  Mom assumes that their reason is so Dad would buy a gift, or give the grandchild money.  So, Mom is angry and hostile about this matter.  Their mother is passed away about five years now.

As a therapist, I can understand their behavior, even though I don't excuse it.  My own mother rarely took me to visit her mother, nor send her cards.  Her mother was a rageaholic who abused my mother so much, Mom ran away to live with her father at age 13.  Yet, my mother lacks empathy on anyone else who may struggle with their parents when they are adults.

Mom needs the Lord, and I am not sure she will ever get her relationship with Him right. 

Sorry to babble.  Mom is in town, and I am really concerned that she may not have much more time left.  Her physical health is not good at this time.

Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 4/7/11 6:10 am - Vancouver, WA
I think mother daughter relationships are the hardest ones. My own daughter barely speaks to me, only on Facebook because of things she believes are true that really aren't. Long story, but I've only done what I believed was best for her and us but she doesn't think I've tried hard enough. She totally dismisses my health issues as looking for sympathy. Doesn't believe I have fibro or severe arthritis, just calls me a junkie because I have to take pain meds. Plus she claims to be a witch and is into paganism. So all I can do is pray for a change of heart in her,God is stronger than her beliefs, so one day I hope she'll go back to the lovely young lady she used to be. So yep I know what you are going thru. God bless.
Most Active