Thursday Prayer & Praise

Hislady
on 4/7/11 6:14 am - Vancouver, WA
Whew finally finished a counted cross stitch I was working on. The older I get the harder it is to see those little squares! I love sewing them but hate framing so I have a pile of finished but unframed pictures in my closet. Alrighty everyone leave your prayer and praises here so we can pray for your needs. God bless! Karen
Patricia R.
on 4/7/11 11:01 am - Perry, MI
Hi Karen,
I did an embroidery of The House of the Seven Gables one summer, and I have yet to frame it.  I love needlework, and have several projects started.  My daughter put an order in for a small blanket my grandson can carry around, because he always drags his crib blanket I made when he was born when he wants to snuggle.  Problem with that is that I made it the size of his crib mattress, so it is not a normal size baby blanket.  When he was here one night, he stole my knitting project right out of my hands, and walked around the room holding it.  He loves the feel of yarn, the softer the better.  I am going to get to work on that, and finish a blanket I am working on for his Aunt Amy, who is expecting.  I have made baby blankets for all of my daughter's in-laws babies.  The newest one will be Baby #7, not including my grandchildren. 

Praise:  I got to spend the afternoon with my grandchildren one more time.  I took my Mom up to my ex's house to help my daughter with the Munchkins while she was packing.  We watched Tangled and then my former in-laws came by to give the kids some Pillow Pets they got for them.  Then, my friend, the missionary, came by to see my daughter and the kids.  Russ was the best man at my wedding, my ex's best friend from school.  My daughter spent a summer with his family in Tunisia when his two older kids were my grandchildren's age, helping them as a nanny. 

Prayer:  Please pray for my daughter and the kids, as they travel home beginning Friday.  She has a DVD player to help entertain the kids on the long car ride.  I just hope she has better weather, and that the kids don't get sick like they did on the way here.

Thanks,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active