the book called "The Diet Alternative" by Diane Hampton

LadyT007
on 10/19/11 1:03 pm
Hello Sisters and Brothers in Christ. 
Has anyone read the book called "the Diet Alternative" by Diane Hampton.
I've had this book for a while, even before I started the lapband journey, I havnt been banded yet my date is Dec 13th. 
eventhough I'm having this surgery I am lead to read this book. It talks about food being bondage, and about prayer instead of eating etc.

Lady T~ The Joy Of The Lord Is My Strength!    
Patricia R.
on 10/20/11 12:54 pm - Perry, MI
 I think I saw this book in my book club catalogue, but did not order it.  l started going back to Overeaters Anonymous meetings.  

I am familiar with Food Addiction, a book that explains the addictive brain well.  Also, I started reading The Beck Diet Solution, which I did not stick with.  

I find the 12 Steps of AA and OA very helpful to me in overcoming my addictions.  It is a program that focuses on developing and nurturing a relationship with God through prayer and meditation, as well as service to others.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active