in need of prayer!

Eula "Evie" R.
on 3/26/13 12:35 pm - Mount Nebo, WV

My youngest daughter took an overdose yesterday. Thank God her girlfriend was there and made her throw up. I am in WV and she is in Mi. She has been throw so much in the past few months, she just told me last week she could not take it anymore. She was put in the hospital today and is very upset about being there, she does not see she needs help, she is crying and so sad. Please pray for her and my family. Pray that the Dr will let her use her labtop, she needs to finish her degree this week. She is very upset about her schooling. She will be a cpa, if they let her finish this week.

God Bless

Evie

Hislady
on 3/27/13 7:42 am - Vancouver, WA

While it's good to see you I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter. I'm glad they have her in the hospital, hopefully they can get her on medication to help her, sounds like she may be depressed. Actually it may be better for her to not worry about school for awhile and to concentrate on her mental health for awhile. A very dear young man, who was the father of my great grand daughter took his life before she was even a year old. She will never know her daddy and the loss has turned his mother into a raging alcoholic. Your daughter needs professional help to learn how to deal with life because as you and I know it only gets harder even with God at the helm. I will put you and your family on my prayer list, I hope she will listen to the medical professionals and get priorities straight. God bless hon!!!!\

Patricia R.
on 3/29/13 10:39 pm, edited 3/29/13 10:39 pm - Perry, MI

Hi Evie,

I'm so sorry your daughter s struggling right now.  I've struggled with some mental health issues in the past, and also have worked in a psychiatric hospital as well.  Hopefully, she'll be compliant in taking prescribed medications.  A lot of mental health problems are because of our brain chemistry, which is why medications can help.  Then there is the stress of working on a degree.  I've done that twice.  That stress alone can push some people over the edge.

When I was completing my Masters in Social Work, I had a two month health crisis, and couldn't focus on all of my classwork.  I spoke with one of my professors and asked for an extension on completing that semester's work.  I was honest about the health crisis, and she was totally supportive of me turning in my projects and papers at a reasonable later date.  

I hope your daughter is on the road to recovery.

God bless.

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active