Are you kidding me??

(deactivated member)
on 5/30/14 9:55 am

I just got denied for my gastric sleeve. I just started crying. Not sure why I cried, but it was like 6 months of hard work down the drain. I did everything I was told to do. But because I lost weight on my 6 month program they said I was not a candiate. My BMI was 41 when I started this whole program. After the 6 month program I weight 249 and my BMI was 38. This puts me under the mandatory no comobility and BMI over 40. I thought they took the starting weight? The insurance lady at the surgeons office was suprised also. Outside of gainin the weight that I lost there is no appeal. And the out of pocket cost is around $15,000. I guess it just wasn't meant to be. I enjoyed talking on here and it was fun while it lasted. 

Hislady
on 5/30/14 12:28 pm - Vancouver, WA

I totally understand crying, I did the first 2 times I was denied for my band. I should have listened to them and not gotten a band but that's another story! I answered you on the main forum with a longer answer. I'll also pray for you so don't give up yet at least try to appeal on the basis of your beginning weight. Your docs insurance lady should help you with one. Good luck girl remember God's got this! That's what my friend always tells me to remember!

deanswife1990
on 5/7/15 4:40 am - SC

I completely understand crying.  I had the band put in a few years ago and it just didn't work for me.  I saw my surgeon last August for a revision.  Went through the whole 6 month diet thing again and then was denied by my insurance company. I cried for hours.  My surgeon requested a peer to peer review with the insurance company and it was granted.  He had the review with them on Thursday.  I got word from the surgeon's office on Friday that I was now approved.  Please don't give up until you have exhausted every measure.  You never know what may work.  :)

Most Active