1 month post-op today with Dr. Kroh

jbird1972
on 8/6/12 10:13 am - Cary, IL
 So, 22 pounds down in 1 month, great if you're dieting, not good if you're me. Dr. Kroh was a bit shocked when he saw me, used the dreaded words emaciated, gaunt, and sunken to describe my eyes (he knows how to smooth talk the ladies). I admit that I have been bashing my docs for not getting this overnight tube feeding going, but I found out today that my ******* insurance company denied tube feedings...DENIED! In their opinion I don't need them. Dr. Kroh looked like his head was going to blow off when he saw that. I still wish someone had told me that it was an insurance denial, nothing more dangerous than Jules with too much free time, a phone, and a cause. My Aunt Babe and my dad taught me how to squeak a long time ago. So, Dr. Kroh is going toe to toe with the insurance company doctor to get approval. My blood pressure was way down, 90/50. Ryan, Dr. Kroh's PA, just called me. He's trying to get me in to see their nutritionist tomorrow. I hope this doesn't delay getting home. I felt a bit better when Dr. Kroh agreed that I was eating/drinking what I physically could for this stage after surgery, each patient is different. He was impressed with the few bites of meat/cheese/sour cream that I had from a soft taco...all protein! This is probably TMI/overshare, but it's been awhile since I have actually vomited, and certainly not since surgery. Right before Ryan called I had a scary bout, I took pain med (I had some soup & apple juice on board to coat the path), and immediately started having the tell-tale mouth watering and nausea :( I was pacing between the bathroom and where our beds are begging to the regurgitation department to please cancel the order, it eventually subsided, but the thought of vomiting after this surgery freaked me out. Ryan had called right after and of course offered up their ER if it happened again (hell no please!). So, we wait & see what time we see the nutritionist tomorrow.  On an upside, Dr. Kroh finally noticed my Dory (just keep swimming) tattoo. He said it was a perfect tattoo & sentiment for my situation.   I think that's enough for one day Toni has been a trooper & a helper. 

Jules RNY 10/30/2007

moxy 809
on 8/8/12 1:17 am
 I am so glad to finally read some updates from you.  I do wish you were feeling better and stronger by now though.  You NEED those tube feedings!  You need those calories and protein in order to heal and regain your strength.  I don't understand how your insurance could deny this.  I hope your doctor can resolve this for you.  Your Dory tattoo sounds really cool!  Take care.
H.A.L.A B.
on 8/15/12 4:23 pm
(HUGS)... hope you get better soon.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active